The drive of your life

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What is the best drive you've had in a car to date?

Was it the scenery, an awesome car, tricky conditions, road layout, the weather or a combination of these that made it your best drive?

a 1.1 fiesta.
blasting it around applecross 2months after i passed my test. long winding single track roads and then onto the hill itself switch backed all the way up

One of the best drives I've had was years back in a hire car, early 90s it must have been, going from manchester up to wendesleydale on the back routes, on a late winter's night, full moon, cold but not frosty, over the moors at full belt.

It's not a particular car yet as I haven't done the drive in the 330d. The drive from brecon to home is always a good drive in all weathers. Twisty, straights, and some of the nicest scenery in Wales.

A623 in 1991 in a rented Peugeot 405 saloon - not an Mi16, just the 1.9i eight valve. In their day these cars re-defined FWD saloon handling and grip.

During 2003/2004 I spent some time in North Wales and enjoyed my own Primera immensely.

Last edited:
this may sound a bit sad. but im a self employed truck driver and work mostly in spain and northern africa. but i must admit one of the most breathtaking roads to be found. is the road up past loch lomond on the west of scotland up towards fort william. went that way in my truck once. and tbh i kept stopping to take photo.s. keeping meani g to.go on the road in my scoob. cracking twists turns etc