The Cat

the cat

Car
jeep gran chero 4lt
You all!

On my 4lt Grand Cherokee I have just fitted a new condensor unit as the air con was not working when I purchased it. Had it charged up everything tested fine, holding pressure, air nice n cool etc, just one thing, when I switch off the engine there is a sound of what sounds like escaping gas a sssssssssss sound for maybe 3 or 4 seconds, but no leeking on any fluid.

Any Ideas?

Hi there the cat and welcome.

The units are filled with a compressed gas it sounds like you have a leak. Take it back to the company that did the recharge and get them to investigate. If it is working fine then there is probably no issues with it. It might even be a split or loose hose in the engine bay.

Waynne,
It seems as though when the engine is switched of that the aircon cooling fluid is making a noise as it is rushing around the system and were it steps dowm to a smaller gauge, it makes the sound like a leak from high pressure?

Everything is working fine and although a few different people have looked at it there seems to be nothing leaking? It only does it when the engine is switched off.

Just don't know.......keep you posted.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back