The Best Peugeot Model

Which one do you prefer overall?

• Total voters

Pixel

Road Burner
Car
Ford Fiesta Zetec-S
The Best Peugeot Model

Naturally, I voted the 206, not because I have one but I generally believe thats its the nicest car Peugeot have ever made. And even though the Poll does not ask which one is the nicest, thats what I'm basing my answer on. As far as speed goes, the 205 GTI or 306 GTI-6 would probably get my vote.

Im also aware that I could've added a lot more options to the poll (207, 307 etc...) but I couldn't be bothered. I'm hoping that the options I chose cover the most popular ones (which I assume are the '06 versions).

I drove a 207 on holiday and it was the worst car I have ever driven. The suspension and handling was vague. The 106 GTi is a veritable gem and keeps up with much bigger cars on twisty tracks.

My 205 was awesome!!! It was only a 1.0 litre but was about as good a first car as you could ask for.

Not fast by any means, but still quite nippy, ideal for the majority of town driving I do, and dead easy to go sideways on roundabouts in.

Imagine a car that handles like that with a powerful 1.9 engine like the GTi... it's enough to keep you awake at night grinning like a maniac :D :twisted:

I love 106's (almost as much as I love Saxo's and AX's), but for me, the 205 was the most ground breaking of the lot.. The T16 Rally car really was up there with the other Grp B cars from the likes of Audi. The more common GTi's are cool as fcuk too!

i used to own a 106 GTI which i loved to bits ended up getting it to around 160/170BHP and it was alot faster than most "sporty" cars on road that had bigger engines because they are so light and was so much power, also they was brilliant for corners etc.. only reason i sold it was because i had done most things possible to gain power etc and wanted faster and more power but was toying with idea to put turbo on it but was ALOT of money and then ya could start doing damage etc and only front wheel drive so probably sit spinning wheels so went for option to move onto something faster and more power as standard.. Top car though and gets my vote

Yeah, I agree, TU engines should definitely stay NA. Can quite easily get a reliable engine with 160/170 BHP, after this then you have to deal with an engine which spits valves and chews gearbox's!

Whack up some pics of your GTi if you have any? Did you sell it on to a club member?

I Ended up selling the car to a friend of mine who loved the car nearly as much as me while i had it, so i know its in good hands and still see it from time to time. am not sure how to upload pics dont think i can? i could e-mail ya them and u try put them up?
cheers

You need to upload them to a server. Create a photobucket.com account (it takes a couple of minutes, then copy the 'IMG code' it gives you for the image into a post here.

or at the top of the page you should see photos ( inbetween profile and games ) click on it and upload photo.
browse for the photo on your computer and upload

Evreytime i post my reply on it kinda goes mental and then my pictures wont work.. am probably doing summat really stupid! al try upload them again :)

The 106 GTI...

DSC00004.jpg

DSC00007.jpg

Hi WRX - the pictures look good. The problems you have been having are soley down to our forum configuration so sorry about that. All links and images posted by members with less than 10 posts require approval by a moderator. (You are nearly at 10 posts!) Once again sorry for the inconvenience, please bear with us.

Alright mate sound cheers, wondered why it wouldnt upload the pictures. (should be at 10 now with this reply anyway)

will try put some pics of scooby up later when i get change on subaru forum.

i always looked after that 106 and it was in imaculate condition (always take pride to my cars and keep them clean etc)

The most fun Peugeot i ever had the pleasure of driving was a 205 T16 i borrowed at a race meeting when the engine blew on my car the previous day. I can only describe it as awesome!!!

I currently own a 306 DT the old turbo diesel and I love it....
handles brillantly it's pritty quick and very torquey and economical
I managed to buy a very low milage one in jan 2007
Various family member have owned 306's and kept them for years
My uncle had a similar model to mine but his was the phase 1 (mines a phase2 the phase 3 had the early hdi engine in it)
grandad also had a p1 but was diesel N/a not quick at all but very economical and it did 250K and he sold it!

for me the 306 and 205 have got to be the best car they have done.....
they just don't make them like that anymore....

250k is pretty good! Many cars struggle at 150k did he do much major work to it? I suppose how you drive affects the life of the car so I'm guessing he didn't do track days in it ;)

250k is pretty good! Many cars struggle at 150k did he do much major work to it? I suppose how you drive affects the life of the car so I'm guessing he didn't do track days in it ;)

lol
no just a trip to work every day...then again for a while it did tow a caravan...
but still love the old dervs

far more reiliable the the new HDi's

Touch wood nothing gone major on mine as of yet...jsut got a problem with top end power at the moment :sad2:

206 GTi 180 is a force to be reckoned with, especially when you have a Tial Supercharger strapped to the manifold. I haven't found many cars that will out- perform this round the bends and hairpins of Billing Aquadrome or Donny.

A GTi180 with a supercharger - nice setup. Hope you can post up some pics and info in the gallery section and tell us a bit more about this monster. (You need 10 posts before you can upload pics otherwise you end up in the moderation queue. ;))

i would love to see your supercharged 206 in action i to have 206 but im keeping mine n/a for the mowment as for the best pugeot i think the 206 is one of the best

well i voted 205 cause ive had 2 of them a 1.4xs and a 1.9gti and i can honestly say i have never driven a car that handles so well in the dry in the wet both over steered alot
as for comfort i have never driven a car as comfortable as my old 405 estate
but for styling i would go with the 406 coupe i think its the nicest looking car peugeot have ever made just a shame the v6 was underpowered

205 are a good car i had one before my 206 i just think there getting dated

very true but thats why i think their are so many mi16 conversions done to the 205 that engine together with the handling = fun

Well if I can upload vidoes then I will show you it in action. I have a cuple that are decent quality and one that my cousin did (he works for the BBC so he got a proper camera crew to film it for me). Also, if you want to see it in the 'flesh' then come along to Donny in September when it will be on show and will be tracked for a couple of days. Next years French Car Show have also asked me to be there and providing I can get the time off work I will certainly be there.

I have just had to have the slip diff re-done as the old one wasn't putting the power to the road in 'Race Mode' (344.72 BHP @ 7200rpm). As you can probably appreciate, trying to put that much power thorugh the wheels has caused MANY problems, hence why I have the car electronically setup to encompasss 'Road', 'Race', 'Drag' and 'Eco' modes. I won't go into too much detail as I can't be bothered haha. But basically, Drag allows all 350BHP to be used, Race limits the car to 230bhp, Road is limited to 200BHP and Eco is 150BHp, I must admit that I haven't ever used Eco mode yet as having 200BHP after 350BHP seems slow so 150BHP would feel massively sluggish. I know of course that its not but its like when James May drove the Veyron at 253mph then 'slowed down' to 70mph. Its disorientating.

I am going to be looking at NOS aswell but that would only be for Drag and not for racing at all. The Wizards of NOS have already given me timescales and power increases and they quote that my 350BHP could be turned into 420BHP, again, I must admit, that figure scares me a little as 350BHP makes the world go by VERY quickly so what would 420BHP give me in a car that weights a little more than a 106?????

Well if I can upload vidoes then I will show you it in action. I have a cuple that are decent quality and one that my cousin did (he works for the BBC so he got a proper camera crew to film it for me). Also, if you want to see it in the 'flesh' then come along to Donny in September when it will be on show and will be tracked for a couple of days. Next years French Car Show have also asked me to be there and providing I can get the time off work I will certainly be there.

I have just had to have the slip diff re-done as the old one wasn't putting the power to the road in 'Race Mode' (344.72 BHP @ 7200rpm). As you can probably appreciate, trying to put that much power thorugh the wheels has caused MANY problems, hence why I have the car electronically setup to encompasss 'Road', 'Race', 'Drag' and 'Eco' modes. I won't go into too much detail as I can't be bothered haha. But basically, Drag allows all 350BHP to be used, Race limits the car to 230bhp, Road is limited to 200BHP and Eco is 150BHp, I must admit that I haven't ever used Eco mode yet as having 200BHP after 350BHP seems slow so 150BHP would feel massively sluggish. I know of course that its not but its like when James May drove the Veyron at 253mph then 'slowed down' to 70mph. Its disorientating.

I am going to be looking at NOS aswell but that would only be for Drag and not for racing at all. The Wizards of NOS have already given me timescales and power increases and they quote that my 350BHP could be turned into 420BHP, again, I must admit, that figure scares me a little as 350BHP makes the world go by VERY quickly so what would 420BHP give me in a car that weights a little more than a 106?????

your car sounds impressive mate :bigsmile: just a quick question even with the lsd with 350bhp do you still have problems getting traction through the front wheels ???
also where about in the midland are you ?? im from dudley

Yes of course, even with the new slip diff, if I put the car in 1st and floor it all that happens is I need a new set of front tyres. The smoke is impressive but the price for the new Yoko's isn't. I have to be careful when the car is in Race mode when I'm doing a drag because I need to have a slow start which tends to hinder me when I'm against smaller, lighter cars. Even though they have less power, they have better traction so can put it to the road more effectively and hence they have a chance against the car. On a 1/2 mile drag I'm usually ok, I can start in second, rev to 3500rpm and take my time upto 150mph. On the 1/4 mile though, I tend to lose (doh). Hence why I have had the car setup to have the BHP limited in different modes.

I am currently looking at a Scooby diff and a Skyline diff but its a lot of modification to make them fit/ work and the ECU would have to be re-mapped (again, this will be the 5th time) for a correct setup. The handling is shocking when the beast is unleashed and I havent ever opened the taps completely on it when I've got it set to 350bhp Drag mode because I don't want to die basically haha.

I live in Coventry during the week and Northampton at weekends (its easier for work).:)

Yes of course, even with the new slip diff, if I put the car in 1st and floor it all that happens is I need a new set of front tyres. The smoke is impressive but the price for the new Yoko's isn't. I have to be careful when the car is in Race mode when I'm doing a drag because I need to have a slow start which tends to hinder me when I'm against smaller, lighter cars. Even though they have less power, they have better traction so can put it to the road more effectively and hence they have a chance against the car. On a 1/2 mile drag I'm usually ok, I can start in second, rev to 3500rpm and take my time upto 150mph. On the 1/4 mile though, I tend to lose (doh). Hence why I have had the car setup to have the BHP limited in different modes.

I am currently looking at a Scooby diff and a Skyline diff but its a lot of modification to make them fit/ work and the ECU would have to be re-mapped (again, this will be the 5th time) for a correct setup. The handling is shocking when the beast is unleashed and I havent ever opened the taps completely on it when I've got it set to 350bhp Drag mode because I don't want to die basically haha.

I live in Coventry during the week and Northampton at weekends (its easier for work).:)

the main reason i asked was ive been folowing a diary thread of a mk3 astra and hes recently managed to get it up to 360bhp but even with the lsd he has the same problems as you with traction so his solution is he will be converting it to rwd over the winter months and he reckons that will help is this something you have considered ????

northampton bet you take advantage living so close to silverstone and the pod i know i would !!

Yes, indeed, especially as I know one of the track managers so he gets me in while others have to wait.

RWD will be a very big problem for me but yes I have considered it. The problem I will have is that the 206 has no facility to put a driveshaft to the rear, the exhaust and suspension/ rear axle are in the way slightly. I have thought about locating the exhaust in the sides and then using the exhaust channel as the new location for the driveshaft but as of yet I've not made any decisions. I have also considered 4WD as my mate has a Legacy RS that he's managed to crash slightly (well written it off to be exact lol) and the 4WD system is goin to the scrappy so I have wondered about putting that in??

Its time as much as anything, I used to own my own business so I could take weeks off when I wanted but now I'm tied in so I can't just drop everything to work on the car. Annoying but its happened. anyway, less stress and loads more money so I shouldn't complain really.:)

I guess most people on here are commenting on ethier looks or performance (being handling and accel. etc as a whole)

but not practicality.....

My grandad did have an R reg 406 2.1 TD and that had a lot of that lovley turbo diesel ooomph
Yeah... what`s up with 406.
Since I have 406 Coupe - that would be my vote! :rolleyes:
But from these I voted for 407.

The Best Peugeot Model

Naturally, I voted the 206, not because I have one but I generally believe thats its the nicest car Peugeot have ever made. And even though the Poll does not ask which one is the nicest, thats what I'm basing my answer on. As far as speed goes, the 205 GTI or 306 GTI-6 would probably get my vote.
i wont knock a 206
it pulled my prelude up a lot of hills when i broke down for christ sake
but they say the smaller the engiene,the less that goes wrong;)