The best looking coupe

thexav

Pro Tuner
Staff member
Car
2002 Clio 172
What is the best looking coupe then?

I think the Calibra still looks pretty neat but I have to say the 406 Coupe still looks awesome.

What are your favourite coupes?

Need I have to say lmao, Calibra all the way. Designed in 1987, released in 1989, was and still is the most areo dynamic car ever built and look as good today as they did then ;)

The Vauxhall Droopsnoot Firenza.

3769140311_f5ab553693.jpg

Need I have to say lmao, Calibra all the way. Designed in 1987, released in 1989, was and still is the most areo dynamic car ever built and look as good today as they did then ;)

Aerodynamic crown is held by the 1999 Honda Insight :toung:

Cd 0.25 (Insight) vs. 0.26 (Calibra)

CdA 5.1 sq. ft. (Insight) vs. 5.4 sq. ft. (Calibra)

'Course, the Insight isn't good-looking.

Me, I've always had a soft spot for the Pontiac Firebird/Trans-Am of the later 70s/early 80s, must be something to do with Knightrider, Smokey and the Bandit and Rocky.

It's a very close call then lol. But to think Vauxhall got it right in 1987 when the Calibra was first designed and wasn't touched until this was designed lol, even with the supercars that came out in that time. But, Cd is based on the areo dynamics of the front of the car, not the whole thing and this is the record that Calibra still hiold today. Drag, downforce/lift, lift balance, handling characteristics, cooling, visibility - dirt, water flow management across windows etc., noise levels, etc are all things considered in the "areo dynamics" of a car.

It's a very close call then lol. But to think Vauxhall got it right in 1987 when the Calibra was first designed and wasn't touched until this was designed lol, even with the supercars that came out in that time. But, Cd is based on the areo dynamics of the front of the car, not the whole thing and this is the record that Calibra still hiold today. Drag, downforce/lift, lift balance, handling characteristics, cooling, visibility - dirt, water flow management across windows etc., noise levels, etc are all things considered in the "areo dynamics" of a car.

Trouble is, you can only really measure the drag coefficient (Cd).

Hence the reason I quoted both the Cd, and the CdA (Cd * area) - which is a more useful measurement.

I actually like the Passat CC. But why did they have to delete the fifth seat (middle rear)? It was otherwise the perfect blend of style and practicality.

Peugeot 407 has that wide mouthed frog look - not keen.

Is there not a Mondeo 4dr Coupe around now?

Are we talking the older wedge shaped preludes or the newer ones?;)

The 300M coupe is nice looking - I might be swayed!

Are we talking the older wedge shaped preludes or the newer ones?;)

The 300M coupe is nice looking - I might be swayed!

Im on about the 1995 modle, not the wedge shape, but not the newest round shape. I think they went from 1994 to 1997 then the rounder one was 1998, I think, but dont quote me on that.