Thankyou for acepting me ! I have a MGF VVC, can some one helpme with the best tyres (16 " hubs)

Manuel

Car
MGF VVC
Thankyou for acepting me as member! I have an MGF VVC, can some one helpme chosing the best tyres (16" hubs)

Hi and welcome Manual :D

You need to tell us more about what you use the car for Daily,track only,autocross,rally cost any problem ??? before we can help you decide.

I use the car daily ( is my first car...a gifht from my father)... i whant at first a safe car, here we have a lot of diferent roads, asphalt, stone brics, big higway's, and tiny and tricky road's...i am not an experienced driver (yet)....i whant safe at first...the mesures in the four whells are 215 r16 40 ....

Thankyou for your kind reply

The Goodyear Eagle f1s would be my summertime tyre choice, they corner well.

Michelin Pilot sports also perform really well on the Rover 220 which had a similar wheel size.

I also rate the Continental sports, the Dunlop MAXX range and the P Zero Rossas (not sure if these come in this size though.)

Thankyou for your advise Waynne, think that i will try the Michelin.

Kind regards

The tyre shop that my father usually go, make a good discount on the Michelin, and once you say that would be a good choice to, i will go on them.

Thankyou again Waynne

I use the car daily ( is my first car...a gifht from my father)... i whant at first a safe car, here we have a lot of diferent roads, asphalt, stone brics, big higway's, and tiny and tricky road's...i am not an experienced driver (yet)....i whant safe at first...the mesures in the four whells are 215 r16 40 ....

Thankyou for your kind reply

Hello Manuel it is refreshing to know that there is a young driver with his priorities in the right order and wants a safe car and knows he is not experienced and asking for guidance.

When it comes to selecting tyres I would advise anyone to buy a reputable well known brand as there is a flood of low priced imports that may or may not offer the grip in all conditions.

The TWI on the sidewall is normally an indicator or grip and life span with the lower numbers having better grip but will need replacing sooner.

I' am changing the MGF charriot's bu the TF ones, then i am thinking to fit Michilin Pilot 211 40 16, what is your opinion ?(i thaught allso the Goodyear Eagle)

I' am changing the MGF charriot's bu the TF ones, then i am thinking to fit Michilin Pilot 211 40 16, what is your opinion ?(i thaught allso the Goodyear Eagle)

They are both good options, for mainly dry weather I'd go with the Eagles, the Michelins worked better for me in our predominantly wet roads and still worked well in the dry, but the Eagles were better IMO in the dry at cornering. Interestingly I seemed to get better fuel economy from the Michelins as well (only a couple of MPG over their lifetime looking at the trip computer averages).

I d'ont know if someone knows if there is in the market lightweight panels to the MGF, i was thinking that would be a good improvment in every aspects, handling, performance, fuel economy...some one know if there is a company supliyng them? (When i have the charriot's and the tyer's in place, i will put a picture)...i think that i will go for Michelin, i live in Oporto in north of Portugal, even so we have days with 32 degres celcius, the average of wett or fogy days is around 240 days per year, so like you sugested for these wether i'll think its better the Michelin ,
Thankyou for the advice

There are a few companies here in the Uk that have made carbon fibre bonnets or hoods. Have a look around ebay and see if there are any going at the moment.

Motobuild racing were big on MGF and Rover tuning parts. http://moto-build.com/