Telling a Megane RS CUP from a standard RS

MoveIT

Tuner
Car
Chevy Lacetti CDX
Anyone know how you can tell the difference between a Megane RS CUP and a Megane RS by looking at the car?

As far as I know, the cup pack was an addon to the standard megane rs, so there's no cup badge placed on the car, so if someones's selling a their car sayings its a megane rs cup, how can you tell its a cup?

did the cup have more power ? if it did there should be a label somewhere on the car that shows power, normally Kw, sometimes in the handbook as well

no, it had the same power, the only difference I think is that they changed or firmed up the suspension and fitted brembo brakes.

A genuine CUP owner will have a reciept and docs to prove it. As you say though the brakes are brembos so that would be a good indication and the test drive should highlight the difference to anyone familiar with the standard RS. The Cup also has the Anthracite wheels although this is really easy to change on a standard model.

The brake master cylinder is also a few mm larger. You are also stuck with metallic paint or red, it wont have heated seats or climate control either. I beleive the ESP can also be disconnected easily.

The Trophy appears to be a luxury version of the cup with lots of options.;)

thanks guys for your help.

I know the Trophy is only available in silver aswell, and it does have a Trophy badge on it, so the're easy to spot.

I'm not sure about the "You are also stuck with metallic paint or red" because I thought at first the cup pack was an add on modification, so people with the standard Megane RS could take their car in and have the cup pack applied to their car?

I understood that you could only order the Cup pack from new. I'm sure someone who is in the know can clarify this for us.;)

I understand what you are saying, but if they did that, why haven't they been putting a CUP bagde on the back like the clio? :???: oops maybe they didn't, just checked

Last edited:
Know I'm slightly confused, reading this article seems to explain some the questions, and does mention a cup version of a megane rs and also as an option to order on an existing Megane rs.

http://www.allvehicles.co.uk/megane_225_cup_trophy_press_release.htm#Cup

I've seen alot of Cup versions for sale in all colours too, blue, red, black....
and the above article mentions the cup version has a 1 cd player instead of a 6 cd changer?

read for youselves....:blink: