tein super street coilovers fto gpx makes knocking sound

akay47

Car
fto
Hi has Anyone had this happen with these shocks. Whenever I go over any uneven ground bump/pot hole I get a knock or clunk sound from passenger rear wheel area. The bushes look ok and I heard someone had the same problem but with no remedy. Can anyone shed some light on this issue?

It may just be your top mounts buddy. Look right at the top of the coilovers where it meets the car body ;)

Depends on the design and how much access you have to the top mount. If you cannot see it clearly then you WILL have to drop the coilover to inspect it properly.

Does it happen if you rock the car whilst stationary?

You seem sure it is the coilovers? Have you ruled out a loose wheel bearing or badly fitting inner wheel protectors?

Are the tyres rubbing anywhere? (You'll see scrape marks if it is usually)

The tyres are not rubbing anywhere there is no noise when bouncing the car up and down by hand. Wheel bearing not sure but doubt it will check that out. The reason I think it's the coilovers is another person had the same coilovers and problem on another forum but can't get no reply from him to see if he's sorted it out or not. It's doing my head in.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back