Tech Question

Skullion

Torque Junkie
Car
Celica GT
I was Flicking through Youtube, Watches Celica's like mines and I noticed they Rav's are going right up to 7000rpm before changing gears and my starts to pull back at 6000rpm.

I just wondered what is causing this as Wanting to get her ready for Track Days in Summer to gain the most out of her

Thanks

Yeah the Car is Standard, Apart from the Exhaust, Air Filter and Decat pipe ...... The Red Line Starts at 7000rpm but should go up to 9000rpm at the most

THere could be any number of reasons why your car starts to 'wind in' at 6000+rpm.

Let's check the bleedin' obvious firstly. Air filter - fit a new one.

Accelerator pedal travel; no mats/junk/coke cans/pizza boxes etc in the way :)

Is it a mechanical accelerator cable? If so, take up the slack on the throttle housing. Won't work with fly-by-wire systems

Fuel filters - replace;

fouled injectors? - administer a can of Forte Gas treatment - also, use premium fuel, avoid supermarket fuel

MAF is a popular cause of complaint, although I don't think that MAFs are anywhere near as likely to problems as some might suggest. Clean it anyway.

O2 (lambda sensor(s)) can persuade an ECU to wind in the fuelling if they're not working properly.

I doubt that the O2 sensor is the cause of your car's engine's relunctance to rev.

u also coud fit lighter,sport flywheel if u atend receing couse havier flywheel means u can concer hils more easily,and lighter enables your engine to rev more easily....:lol:

Thanks for the Advice......

.....Was doing some *Cough* Testing Tonight lol ..... In Second Gear she pulls back at 6000rpm but in third gear she'll pull back at 7500rpm

0mph - 60mph In Roughly 7-8seconds

80mph in second gear

Not bad, round for Improvement lol, was thinking of a Exhaust Manifold then?

A bout of 'spirited' driving along with some chemical assistance can help clear out the junk. It could be a sticky EGR valve.

Don't work a cold engine hard, let it warm up organically before really stretching things. So 20 minutes or so of gentle acceleration and modest revs before you open things up fully.

This is commonly known as the Turin Tune-Up :)

lol I'm never in the car longer than 20minutes :p

Now A Days its just driving back and forward to work :(

perhaps this is causing the issues, when the Impreza starts playing up i usually drive it around for an hour of so, spiritedly, as everything seems to clear up.

thats something u gotta change if u want to sve your engine...but if u cant avoid it atleast do this-
when u start the engine let it work freely for 20 sec,and then go
and never push it until it reachis working temperature,this is most comon engine destroyer...

Hey guys,
Does anyone know how to modify a escalade? I thinkin of adding a turbo kit but unsure of what kind to use. Plus would a trust exhust or fujitsubo exhust work with the car?