TCJB's track day 4/11/21

TCJBOLDIE

Staff member
Car
2011 Honda FN2
Entered the PM session of the Time Attack series @ my local track and trailered the Type R there to get more practice with loading and unloading it off my new tilting trailer.

Was annoyed to find out that the recently replaced battery in my timer had died so no times for my car on the sprint circuit but was having a tight battle with an MX5 that was doing 62's .

On the clubman track the same driver was a fraction of a second slower than me so have to wait another 4 weeks for the final round as my best time to date was a 64.

Had softened the rear bar and still had an oversteer moment @ app 130 kph in turn 1 but straight back on the gas sorted it all out.

Thinking back I think that I was trying a different line where one used some of the pit exit line to get a wider entry but it combined with my usual late braking it turned into a Skandi flick that caused the rear to step out.

As usual the Honda ran faultlessly but I must have been exiting the final turn a bit faster than before as I was hitting the rev limiter in 4th a bit before braking for T1 so will be changing up to 5th soon after the finish line in future.

I thought you were all in lockdown over there?

Glad to see you've been pushing the envelope with the Type R

I thought you were all in lockdown over there?

We have been in almost total lockdown but some rules have been relaxed but we still have to sign in and some areas no masks are required.
We oldies are double vaxed

I am still trying to set a new PB time every time I head out on the track and my age along with all the associated aches and pains seem to magically disappear.

It looks like you have a lot of modification plans for your car.

Budget restraints prevent doing all that I would like to do so the Spoon baffled oil pan ,AP 330mm 4 piston front brake upgrade , SS braided hoses , Whiteline rear adj ARB , spare wheels with semi slicks and reset suspension settings will have to do as getting more power out of a NA Honda is expensive.

Coilovers would be my next mod when funds become available.

If or when the clutch needs replacing a light weight flywheel will be installed.