TCJB's next track day

TCJBOLDIE

Staff member
Car
2011 Honda FN2
It's on my wife's birthday next week and am looking forward to seeing how much difference the rear WHITELINE adjustable bar makes at my local track.

It is on the 2nd stiffer setting and hopefully it will help the CTR rotate more particularly around turns 4,5 & 6 where hopefully I can power out with less front end push which will help reduce lap times.

Turn 6 hairpin has 2 lines a single apex and a double apex and I prefer the single line and if the rear bar helps reduce the FWD built in understeer as expected it will help the exit speed as well as top speed before braking for turn 1.

On my last outing there I am right on 8000 RPM's in 4th before braking so if I need to change up OR hit the 8200 cut out before applying the brakes it will be the result of slightly higher exit speed entering the front straight.

Last edited:
hope all goes well mate, when we fitted the whiteline rear arb to our fiesta st180 it absolutely transformed the car

Had a great time flinging the Honda around the track trying some left foot braking mixed with lift off to find out if they helped the car to rotate better and decided that I may need to adjust the rear bar to the next stiffer setting before the next track day.

Was chuffed to have 2 drivers in race cars that caught up to me before turn 1 and passed me on the next straight comment on how late I was braking as I was so confident that the AP Racing BBK would slow me down lap after lap and the bite was consistent during an 8 lap session.

Have another Time Attack 1/2 day coming up next Thursday and will be playing with tyre pressures to find out what works and what doesn't as well as seeing if there is any difference in the main straight terminal speed by shifting up into 5th@ 7000 rpm instead of winding out to 8000 revs in 4th before applying the brakes for turn1

The 5 psi lower rear tyres seemed to help a little and got a tiny bit of rear slip that helped when I tried a bit of sharp lift off then back on the gas when powering out of corners and was braking later than previously and carrying some trail braking from 160 down to 130kph into turn 1.

Will be leaving the rear bar alone until after the years final closed road sprints @ Oakey and then will stiffen it up before its next track day reason being is that the sprints have concrete barriers on the gutters with nowhere to go whereas my local track has more run off and sand traps so much safer when experimenting with suspension settings.