TCJB's next track day

TCJBOLDIE

Staff member
Car
2011 Honda FN2
It's next week at my local track that is often referred to as the paperclip that is less than an hour away and am keen to test the new BBK upgrade as well as experience how the car responds to turning into and exiting corners with the stability control turned off where there is plenty of run off should I get it all wrong.

I need as much track time to learn and gain confidence in the car as it is a NA FWD with a Torsen type mechanical LSD after 26 years of driving a turbo powered RWD with a 1.5 way clutch type LSD.

Will be using the Clubman circuit and possibly the Sprint as well time permitting.

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=...g&biw=1680&bih=927&dpr=1#imgrc=u7ocGtmXJixZGM:

Last edited:
Had an enjoyable day with my times matching my previous best posted by the car in the pic.

The brakes were much better and was entering the hi speed turn 1 app 300 rpm's higher so that means that I must be exiting T6 a bit faster than previously.

The Civic Type R just seems to me to be so planted with so much front end grip in the hi speed corners that there are faster times to be had at the next track day but would like to reduce push in the low speed corners so it looks like fitting a rear bar may be needed in future.

Last edited:
Feeling quite chuffed with myself as managed to drive the CTR onto my trailer first go as it is quite a bit wider than my last car so there is only 3 inches clearance on both sides now where the old car had app 6 inches both sides.

Heading off to the Nambour sprints in the morning