TCJB's next track day

TCJBOLDIE

Staff member
Car
2011 Honda FN2
Will be driving nxt Thursday @ my local track Queensland Raceway also called "the paperclip " due to the track layout
Hopefully have solved my overheating problems with the radiator being professionally cleaned and one of the fans being replaced with a much more efficient $300.00 Spal which will move heaps more air thru the IC & radiator which is now filled with Liquid Intelligence 500 fluid which is claimed to raise the boil point app 30 deg higher.plus a new cap.

Have been driving in the burbs on a couple of 33-37 deg days testing the result and the highest water temp reading in traffic was 88 deg and when moving at 60 kph drops back to between 82-86 deg depending on speed 50-70 kph.

So fingers XXX

Teo ,America is on our wish list along with a Lotto prize to fund the trip :)

Thanks 4 the good wishes Os |B

Overheating problem solved :D didn't get over 87 deg on track but went up to 98 deg due to heat soak while standing in pit but dropped back under 90 shortly after starting car for next session |B

Had the overboost happen again:eek: late in the morning so put it on the trailer and removed the hose to the ext gate and it had a tiny leak right at the gate but do not know if this was the cause as it may have closed up a bit when cold when I tested it so have replaced hose and covered it with a heat resistant sleeve and rerouted it further away from the manifold and dump pipe so will be driving to the track for testing after Easter as do not want to test on public roads even though it is road registered.

PS .V( forgot to say that I was 3rd fastest in my class group of 8 cars/drivers :)

Looks far more picturesque and demanding than my local track that is app 30 miles from home|B:)

Would love to visit but $$$ in short supply :(

Reactions: Teo
Looks far more picturesque and demanding than my local track that is app 30 miles from home|B:)

Would love to visit but $$$ in short supply :(

All of us who enjoy racing do whatever we can with the extra dollars we have. |B We DO stretch those dollars to get maximum FUN out of them! :) Their is no such thing as CHEAP RACING except when we dream about it! :D Until John Force became well known and FULLY sponsored, he used to pick up cans and cardboard just to get enough gas money to go back home! Even Patrick Dempsey being an Actor with big bucks in his pocket, he still needed MAJOR sponsors to fill in the many millions of $$$$$ to properly run a full race crew. I love McCallans 50 year old scotch, but drink Dewers! It is about all I can afford!! :rofl: