TCJB's next and last mods

TCJBOLDIE

Staff member
Car
2011 Honda FN2
I have ordered a Garrett GT3076R with a AR82 twin scroll turbine and in a few weeks and will be installing them myself before trailering it to my exhaust shop to mod the 4 bolt dump to a V band connection and then trailering it to my dyno tuner to be fine tuned on July 28.

Increasing the power is not the first priority but I won't be unhappy if he tweaks it a bit .

Am doing this to be able to get the full boost pressure much earlier in the rev range as the existing turbo is not coming on boost early enough for the events that I enter that have tight chicanes and corners.

Sounds marvellous Rad, just been reading that article you found on twin scroll vs single scroll turbo test. It has inspired me to rethink a few things for the Beast ;)

Have held off on the upgrade till after the remaining 2 events for the year as the valve stem seals need replacing as the blue oil smoke appears when slowing from hi speed and puffs out when I get back on it.Had an observer watch and he said under power no smoke.
Comp and leakdown tests all ok which leads me to suspect it is the valve stem seals and or guides being the culprits so head will come off and be checked and refurbed before being refitted along with a new cam belt and Cometic MLS head gasket so hopefully all should be ready for 2017 season.
If the TC Gurus think my diagnosis is wrong or have any other ideas as to my problem please advise.

Last mods? I don't think any car ever has a last mod fitted, there is always something else that needs upgrading or improving.

Keep us posted with your progress through.

Try running some bg cleaner through, carbon build up around the valves could be causing this.

Obi I always use a PRO MA petrol additive that actually prevents carbon build up so I don't think that is the problem BUT will let you know if your diagnosis is correct when the head is removed:)