Torque Cars

TCJB's new front brakes

Discussion in 'General car Chat' started by TCJBOLDIE, 27 February 2019.

1. TCJBOLDIE

TCJBOLDIE Torque King

Brisbane
    Car:
    JB Starion
    Well the minister of family finances has just approved and paid for my 4 piston caliper big brake upgrade kit and hopefully it will be a problem free change over.

It comes with braided hoses and pads and have ordered an extra set as well as I like to have a spare set handy.

The rotors are 2 piece with billet alloy hats and 330 mm floating discs up from 300 stock that will help reduce stopping distances and last longer at track before fade comes into play and allow for the different expansion rates between the hat and disc metals.

Here is exactly what I am getting in the same colour as well |B

https://www.teiracing.com/brake-size-style-landing-page/

PS Well also be checking the weights of the factory caliper/disc combo against the TEI's to see if the BBK is hopefully a bit lighter as that will act a bit like a lighter flywheel with less rotational mass.

Last edited: 28 February 2019
    Lunchmoney likes this.
  2. TCJBOLDIE

TCJBOLDIE Torque King

Brisbane
    Car:
    JB Starion
    Have been told they will be in my hands early next week after they have been checked to ensure that all parts are included for a trouble free conversion.:)

Can't wait to try them out @ my next track day.

Last edited: 11 March 2019
  3. TCJBOLDIE

TCJBOLDIE Torque King

Brisbane
    Car:
    JB Starion
    They will be in my hot hands on the weekend and booked to be installed the following Thursday :)

4. TCJBOLDIE

TCJBOLDIE Torque King

Brisbane
    Car:
    JB Starion
    Well am having trouble with the supplier as they sent the incorrect size discs and hoses and most likely the wrong "dogbone"shaped mounting brackets as well and am waiting for replacements Not Happy at all :( \B

PS love the look of the calipers and would love them even more if they were on the car.

Last edited: 21 March 2019
  5. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    Hows this going buddy? Got them on yet?

6. TCJBOLDIE

TCJBOLDIE Torque King

Brisbane
    Car:
    JB Starion
    The correct size I ordered will supposedly be here in 11 days so fingers xxxed

7. TCJBOLDIE

TCJBOLDIE Torque King

Brisbane
    Car:
    JB Starion
    Have been sent a Fed Ex shipping note and the correct BBK will be here next week so hopefully they get it right this time.

8. TCJBOLDIE

TCJBOLDIE Torque King

Brisbane
    Car:
    JB Starion
    They have sent the ordered 330 mm discs and matching mounting bracket so am booking the car in for fitting and flushing out the existing fluid so it can be replaced with RBF 600 fluid.Will keep you posted.

9. TCJBOLDIE

TCJBOLDIE Torque King

Brisbane
    Car:
    JB Starion
    Well I finally have the correct size discs and brackets and have checked them in a wheel to double check clearance so off to my trusted workshop to have them fitted and the old fluids replaced with RBF600.

Also weighed the caliper and disc to see weather the new parts are lighter or heavier than the original.

10. TCJBOLDIE

TCJBOLDIE Torque King

Brisbane
    Car:
    JB Starion
    Heading off to get them fitted tomorrow:) Hope it will be a trouble free experience.

Unfortunately there is a hold up with the braided lines due to the lack of sufficient distribution blocks (3 needed as there are 6 hoses in the kit) that for some obscure reason Honda decided to use :(

11. TCJBOLDIE

TCJBOLDIE Torque King

Brisbane
    Car:
    JB Starion
    They are fitted and they look smick behind the freshly repainted black powder coated wheels.

The pads bedded in and have plenty of space between the 18 x 8 wheels without the need for spacers that are illegal on road cars over here UNLESS they are a factory fitting.

Will report my feelings as to how much better they are after the next track day in a few weeks.

12. TCJBOLDIE

TCJBOLDIE Torque King

Brisbane
    Car:
    JB Starion
    Pics at last IMG_0400.JPG IMG_0398.JPG

13. TCJBOLDIE

TCJBOLDIE Torque King

Brisbane
    Car:
    JB Starion
    Forgot to say that I have weighed them and they are app 3.5 kg lighter per side than the factory disc and caliper combo |B :)