TCJB's latest track day

TCJBOLDIE

Staff member
Car
2011 Honda FN2
My son helped me remove the rear seats from my Type R and I have weighed the seats and space saver spare wheel and they add up to 50 kg's so I found out that that made the rear end a bit squirrelly on the first hot lap @ my local track when turning into T1 @ app 125kph but the rear behaved better after I got some heat into them and I gained confidence to push harder and was pleased to lower my PB 3/4 of a second.

As per usual the Honda performed flawlessly with the only gauge that moved at all was the fuel gauge that showed that it used 3/4 of a tank of 98 over 30 hot laps plus 15 warm up and 15 slow down laps so was a happy chap with that.

Was also pleased that my lap times were equal or better than some potentially much faster cars with less experienced drivers.

I know that there are many that think or say that at my age what I am doing is dangerous but I absolutely love driving and entering events and age doesn't come to mind when the helmet and race face are on will continue to do so as long as possible before I hang up my helmet and gloves and start to grow old in the head.