TCJB's first 2019 event

TCJBOLDIE

Staff member
Car
2011 Honda FN2
On Thursday week I will be taking my red Type R to a Time Attack 1/2 day session at Qld Raceway where there will be 3 x 5 lap runs on 2 different track layouts.

I am looking forward to finding out what times I will manage as well as finding out how much better the corner grip will be now that the front end has 2.5 deg negative camber.

The car still has std brakes and road pads while waiting for it's 330mm discs with 4 piston calipers to arrive so it may get interesting towards the end of each 5 hot lap sessions.

Will be adding a little more pressure to the front tyres and dropping a pound or 2 from the rears to help turn in and exit speed.

Just changed over to my track wheels that are fitted with Nankang AR1 semi slicks and have fitted the hardest working tyres that have the most wear on the opposite sides as Qld Raceway has more high speed rights.

So will just have to check and adjust pressures nxt Wednesday to be ready for the Thursday morning Time Attack session.|B

Hope there will be a photographer so he can get pics of any of my 3 wheeling antics :)

Thursday is heading for a 35 deg :eek: sunny day so will be interested to see how the Type R's cooling system handles the heat during the 5 hot lap sessions.

Just back home and had a ball and the temp gauge never moved from just below the 1/2 way point.

Tyre temps were close to even across the tread width so the 2.5 deg camber seems about spot on.

But did get some brake fade after 2 laps so can't wait to get the new 330 rotors and 4 pot calipers on ASAP

Wile I was more than happy with the way the car handled the hot conditions I am thinking that maybe I should turn the Stability Control off next time to experience any changes in the way it behaves when exiting corners under power as it may have been interfering to keep things safe for it's elderly driver :lol:

There is still a bit of front end push that I would like to eliminate so am thinking that before I take the next step and fit a rear adj bar I should do a track test drive with the SC turned off to find out if that will let the rear end move around a bit and help it rotate more .

Any advise from FWD Honda experts in track day or race car suspension setup welcome.:)

Last edited:
Rear bar fitted as well as a baffled oil pan to help keep the oil pump inlet submerged in hi G corners.

Rear bar on the 2nd stiffest setting has helped turn in but will be setting it stiffer to compare the results to find what suits both car and driver best.

Testing and exploring my limits is all good fun as it is all done on my local track with plenty of run off to be used if I run out of talent :eek: :)