TCJB's busy month of motorsport

TCJBOLDIE

Staff member
Car
2011 Honda FN2
Home from the annual Pittsworth Street Sprints last weekend where the event is run on app 1,5 klm's of closed roads in the towns industrial estate.
It is held over 2 days and is run clockwise on Saturday and anti clockwise Sunday and came in 2nd place but was unable to get close to the class winner in a well driven BRZ.

This upcoming weekend I am off to the annual Leyburn Historic Sprints that are usually held 2 weeks prior to Pittsworth as it had to be given another date due to regional travel being banned due to the everchanging Covid pandemic restrictions.

I am in the invited class up to 2000cc'swhere there will be a mix of road and track cars all battling for a trophy.

Both events are held in Queensland on the Darling Downs an app 2 hour drive from home.

Just have to check the brake pads for wear and check the fluids and tyre pressures as the Civic Type R runs like a Swiss watch.

Was 8/10ths off the class leader in 4th place on Saturday but dropped back to 5th in the 10 car field at the end of Sunday's runs and as expected the Honda was faultless but the driver not so with a couple of fluffed gear changes but really enjoyed the whole event as it was as usual well organised and run.

My new trailer with the Honda on it towed perfectly with no tail wagging the dog over the undulating back roads surfaces.