TCJB's 2nd street sprint for 2018

TCJBOLDIE

Staff member
Car
2011 Honda FN2
It's at Oakey an app 2 hour drive towing the Starion and the track is once again on closed public roads in the towns industrial estate where we will have a number of 2 lap races against the clock over 2 days on a matchbox shaped rectangular course that will have a few hi speed chicanes on May 19 & 20 .

As usual I will be loading the car onto my trailer Thursday for an early start to get there on the 18th and camping in the pit area and catching up with other competitors and having my evening meals at the RSL .

Hopefully I won't be slower than last year but more importantly enjoy the event and not damage the car.|B

Am thinking that I should retire the car as it has served me well but needs quite a bit of maintenance and am finding it a bit difficult to do things as am not a young man anymore:eek: and trying to convince my other 1/2 to consider my buying another car and have been thinking about a used 2007-12 Honda Civic Type R that comes with a Torsen type mechanical LSD and if that comes to pass then will have to change My driving style to suit a FWD aka "bum dragger":lol: and get used to lift off over steer.

Just checked the 14 day weather forecast app 22 deg days and 11deg mornings so will be interesting to see how accurate that turns out to be.

I recon that meteorology is an inexact science and they say we only remember how many times they get it wrong.;)

Well I rocked up to my local car club to man my usual flag point for the dirt sprints to be told by a number of people that were at the Oakey sprints trophy presentation at the end of the event on Sunday afternoon that I was 3rd in class and had a trophy to collect.|B

I guess that lessens the disappointment of a broken diff just a little :)

PS my lovely wife <B will probably bring me back to earth by asking "was there only 3 in the class?":rolleyes: :lol:

Originally 5 I think.

I knew that I was 3rd at the end of Saturday by a couple of 10ths and expected that 4th place would better his times as he has pipped me in the past.

Have just picked the car up after having the original open diff refitted so it can be driven while I wait for the new 4.222 ratio to be delivered.

Am amazed at the damage to the pinion shaft gears with 1/2 of them chewed off.:eek:

Am thinking that the lower diff should help getting out of corners a bit better as top speed is not needed in the events that I enter.