TCJB's 2019 Pittsworth street sprints

TCJBOLDIE

Staff member
Car
2011 Honda FN2
It's on the 7-8 September and as usual I will be loading the CTR on it's trailer plus my camping gear in the 4x4 tow ute ready for the app 2 hour drive to the town on the Darling Downs west of Brisbane Queensland Australia.

It is held on closed roads in the industrial estate every year and this will be my Type R's first time after competing in my previous car a 400 hp Starion for app 10 years so it will be difficult to match my previous times as this is a power circuit but I am confident of getting close as I gain more experience transitioning from turbo RWD to NA FWD as I think that my red FN2 Type R Civic will have higher corner speeds that may help close the expected difference in lap times over the 1.5 klm track.

My AP Racing front brakes will certainly help as am expecting that they will have to slow me down from 160 kph when braking as late as I dare for the first chicane before the very tight left hand 90 deg corner in the narrowest section of the track that has concrete barriers on both sides of it and is colored orange on the map.

The track is driven the opposite direction on Sunday and the best time from both days is added together to determine the class winners.

http://pittsworthsprints.com/

Last edited:
As usual will be loading the Honda on the trailer next Thursday for a 8am getaway to Pittsworth an app <2 hour drive from home and setting up camp in the pit area and getting the car scrutineer-ed and fitting my race numbers on the sides.

Then it's off to the shops to buy a winning Lotto ticket with all fingers xxx ed ;)

I am #42 in the 1600-2000cc road registered class but don't know how many are in it as the entry list is still to arrive.

Fine weather is predicted Which is good for the event and hopefully the weather Gods will bring much needed rainfall soon after we all head off home as the area is in drout and the dams are very low in many places.

Last edited:
Yesterday I thought that I should check the trailers electric brakes that had been replaced a short while ago by a trailer workshop as the new shoes should have bedded in by now so jacked it up and adjusted 1 side and when I tried to do the other side I couldn't see the adjuster thru the slot in the back plate so off with the wheel and drum to find that the adjuster was installed arse about.V( and after a battle to remove the shoe retainer springs and installing everything back correctly it's all ready for the drive to Pittsworth tomorrow morning.:)

Just home after a 2 hour drive and I had only 1 other competitor in my class and despite making a few errors Saturday and Sunday when the course was run in reverse direction was far better as it all came together and ended up being fastest both days and winning the class when the best time from both days are totaled:)

Unfortunately when I arrived Friday I was not able to erect my gazebo as there was cold blustery winds blowing so had to sleep in the back seat of the tow 4x4 ute .

Early Saturday morning the strong winds had died down somewhat so managed to get it erected but the cold winds increased and were still blowing as I left for home at 4.30pm Sunday after the trophy presentation.

Last edited: