TCJB's 2019 Leyburn Historic Sprints

TCJBOLDIE

Staff member
Car
2011 Honda FN2
Towed my new to me 2011 FN2 Type R Civic app 2.5 hours to this small township / village for the 2 day event as I have done for 10 years or so to compete in the time trials course around the houses.

I was in the "special Interest under 2 litre class that had 10 entrants and ended up with 2nd place:) and it was good to have the AC on while in the staging lane as it was hot weather but turned it off along with the stability control as it hinders getting away from the start line with a few revs on board.

The car ran like a Swiss watch as it sang all the way to the 8k redline so couldn't be happier with the Honda and only need to give it a wash and interior clean out as the area is experiencing extremely dry conditions for quite some time to be ready for the Pittsworth sprints in 3 weeks time so have decided to not bother with unloading the camping gear in my 4x4 tow vehicle.

Last edited:
brilliant mate, well done on the 2nd place.

is the engine totally standard or have you done a few mods, iv been in a couple of modified type r's one on throttle bodies etc and the other supercharged was impressed by both

Thanks Andy|B

The car is totally stock full trim and spare wheel in place BUT have upgraded the front brakes with 330mm 2 piece slotted discs and 4 piston AP Racing calipers, 2.5 neg on the front and an adj rear bar.

I am entering the chicane @ 90 + kph

Left out 1 final mod .V( Fitting a baffled oil pan as borrowed a OP from a mate (who has just lost a motor and has a 2.4 upgrade being built) to have the SPOON copy baffles TIG'ed in place yesterday by another mate |B so the change over will be smooth

Just need it fitted to allay any fears of low oil pressure when in hi G force turns at my local track.

https://www.rhdjapan.com/spoon-oil-pan-civic-fn2-typer.html

Last edited: