Taller tyres on a V60

pwcars

Car
V60 D5 215 SE LUX
This will probably bore you all rigid, but you asked me to say what I've been up to so here it is!
I replaced the standart OE 235/45/17 Contis on my 2013 Volvo V60 with 235/55/17 Kumhos. This was to cope with the evil roads in South Bucks and it worked really well. The ride is much better, potholes are smoothed out, the speedo at a 'TomTom' accurate 80mph now reads 79 instead of 83 and although there's a full inch more ground clearance the wheel arch clearance is still reasonable. The taller tyres cost about the same as the low profiles and should last longer - and the handling is still very good. All things considered an excellent result! All I need now is a buyer for a set of 4 good 235/45/17 Contis, 2 with 4mm and 2 with 6mm tread. They would suit a lot of cars currently running on 225/45/17 - better protection for your wheelrims, and a better ride too. They're on eBay if anyone is interested;)

I think you can recalibrate the speedo on those cars anyway, not that you need to do this.

My only slight worry would be with using an 'unlisted' fitment in terms of insurance. However, I know that you are in the motor trade so your trade insurance should cover you regardless.

I've actually retired so I'm buying insurance in the normal way - but I've declared the size change and they're OK with it. You're right though - got to be declared.
I had a client who declared rear park sensors as a mod
and they wanted to charge an extra 25 quid as it would make repairs more expensive (although much less likely!) Should have been cheaper!