"Swearword" Mechanic

aston

The Torque Meister
Car
VOLVO and VW
The reason I have ended up with so many cars is beacuse my mechanic seems to keep them forever then return them still broken. He had my Saab for 6 weeks came back still broken (My new mechanic had it for a couple of hours and found the fault) My old mechanic has had my beloved Mondeo for over 3 months and still it is broken, he can't find the fault so decided to replace every component, still hasn't found the fault but wants me tp pay for all the parts it didn't need and his time etc before I can have the car.....£300 for nothing and a box of bits I and the car don't need............................is this right? In the interim whilst having the car problems I have had to buy two more cars just so we can get to work. Now I consider the cars as a necessity to go to work but now I am thinking I am going to work to keep the cars...................................

I am trying to have less cars believe me. but I can't sell a broken car, It seems as I allways suspected it was my mechanic who is Broken. Now it looks like I have to pay him for not doing what I had asked "Fix the car" just to get my car back so I can give it to a better mechanic.....is this the norm?

A mate who has a busy garage says the norm is if it isn't fixed he doesn't charge. But this guy has no diagnostic equipment so seems to fix things by trial and error, ie changing everything until it's running

A mate who has a busy garage says the norm is if it isn't fixed he doesn't charge. But this guy has no diagnostic equipment so seems to fix things by trial and error, ie changing everything until it's running

Different garage seems to be on the short list then

I wouldn't pay. I'd simply go round and take my car back. The very first thing a decent mechanic should do is plug in a diagnostic machine. If it isn't worth much just cut your losses and scrap it.

The car isn't worth much but it's a good car and I like it over all the others. I think his attitude stinks, On the other hand I know he has spent many hours on it and purchased many parts, abeit parts not at fault but he hasn't done what I have asked of him..Fixed the car. It's a very grey area

I think it would be wise just to pay him but stay away after. Like you said, he's bought parts and spent hours on it. In one way he doesn't deserve the money, but in another way, he does. Ask him to check the bill is right, he might knock some off if you say it seems unusually high.

I think it would be wise just to pay him but stay away after. Like you said, he's bought parts and spent hours on it. In one way he doesn't deserve the money, but in another way, he does. Ask him to check the bill is right, he might knock some off if you say it seems unusually high.

That's exactly what I am going to do.