Swapping a Peugeot 206 2ltr HDI engine to a 406 2.2 HDI

SPEEDRAPTER

Car
Peugeot 206 2.0 HDI
Hello Guys
I've been driving my Peugeot 206 2Ltr (90bhp) HDI for about a year now and have fallen in love with 206's. However, it doesn't have enough power for my liking and was wanting to give it a meatier engine but also keep some of the economy since i can drive up to 100 miles a day for work/education. I have read some forums on people saying you can put the 2.2 ltr engine from a 406 into a 206 but was wondering how much work was required in the sense of wiring looms, mounting and general problems people have encountered or what to look out for?

Many thanks

performance and economy don't fit buddy. sad but true, lol. sounds like a good daily. Try chip tuning, sport air filter and manifold+exhaust pipes. might give some hp without harming much the economy, remove uneccessery stuff from the car, and never, never let a fat chick in your car (Just kidding no bad feelings lol)

performance and economy don't fit buddy. sad but true, lol. sounds like a good daily. Try chip tuning, sport air filter and manifold+exhaust pipes. might give some hp without harming much the economy, remove uneccessery stuff from the car, and never, never let a fat chick in your car (Just kidding no bad feelings lol)
Yeah I've come to terms with that now hahah. Well my plans are having to change now anyways since my insurance was like lets bump them numbers up (£3500 cheapest which doesn't work out when you are a student lol). My plan now is to fit an inter cooler, block EGR valves, add a dump valve/boost Gauge and remap her to between 120-130 i reckon to keep it safe lol.

Sucks to hear mate but UK car insurance is one of a kind so...
Have you thought of getting a car that might cost cheaper in insurance so u can have budget to do the stuff?
Opening a car insurance company in UK seems like a good idea LoL