swap motor 309 gti 16v

marcial

Car
punto mk1 75
hello friends the fact is that I have a 309 gti 16 valve and I the opportunity arises to me with an engine from a Citroen XM 2.0 Turbo and the question is whether the motor can be mounted at 309 and what problems I might encounter. Here as there are people experienced in the subject because if someone directs me see a little.
thanks and sorry for my poor English

I'm not sure i've ever seen this conversion done but I know that Peugeot and Citroen often share engines. Does the 2.0 Turbo engine used in the citroen appear in the Peugeot 309 line at all? If so then a conversion should be possible and will need a gearbox, suspension and all the wiring from the donor car. It will be a lot of work, have you looked at all the options for your GTi like supercharging etc...

Thanks for your response, in answer to your question I'll tell you that I have the entire donor car and the price of the engine with 140,000 km is 400 euros with all wiring and so forth, this is an engine so that xu should not be a assembly problem, the only problem would be the exhaust manifold I think.
the worst of this is that to approve this change I have to put this motor as in the thirteenth including the catalyst ....
and the question of change are the 200 hp that pays only adjusting the pressure of the turbo and that is uncambio pretty good investment considering the 400 euros + 400 euros engine homologation ..
than anything else I can do for 800 euros and the 200 hp?

This conversion has been tackled in both 205's and 309's. Did you do ahead with it?? If so just wondering how you got on or are getting on?? if you did do it what you doing with the old engine and loom as i would be very interested as i have a gti16 i have just brought and it has a few bits missing and this would help me out a lot. I can point you to a couple of good forums where there is a lot of info about the 2.0 turbo conversion

the conversion is in progress I have the turbo engine 2000 and I'm checking to ride (come slowly). is welcome any feedback on the subject if you send me those links. 1.9 16 valve engine they feel communicate mount my 205 gti 1.6 thanks

Greetings ChopperEd and Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend!
Good to have you along with us :)