Sw tools

neroita

Car
mercedes
Hi all,
I need a solution for check if a car have a modified ecu sw and reload the stock one.
I need that for a car buyer that need to have buyed cars with stock sw before resell them.
Car's are mainly mercedes from 2010 to recent one.
What sw is the most simple solution to archieve that ?
I can access car's with stock sw for save original programming.
I also have original mercedes ecu/obd2 solution but if the car sw is modified and signed with a version highter than the last original one is impossible to reflash to stock.

Thank's in advance,
Marco.

Greetings Marco and welcome to our TorqueCars forum. :)

You can always take the car to a re-mapper and get them to see if the ECU has been altered or not. A number of companies leave their signature behind along with a code so that they can recognise their work if it is brought back to them. A good re-mapper will have access to the original files of the ECU or at least be able to get them on a number of special websites available to them so that it can be put back on the car to give it factory spec again.

Hi , thank for the answer , I need to control a LOT of car so I really need to do by myself , I only need to know what's the best sw to use so I can buy it and start to learn , I don't need to learn to modify cars , I only need to understand how to write back original map.

ok, first thank for your time replying me.
I'm totally newbie in ecu mapping but I have a huge experience in microcontrollers and programming , I've basic knowledge of engine and know teorically how ecu works.
Now take that example, I have two cars, same model , same buildin year , same engine.
The first car have stock ecu programming, second one have a modified ecu. I simply want to save ecu programming from first car then restore it to the second. I imagine every ecu sw have a basic function for backup and restore programming, I need a ecu sw as simple as possible to made only that.
I already do that using oem mercedes appliance but if modded car have a ecu sw with version major than the maximum oem released it fail saying I can't downgrade version.
Can U indicate me a sw like that?