Suzuki SX4

shox43

Zup y'all ,

I'm thinking of getting myself an SX4 car, knowing suzuki will joining WRC this year with it, august mebbe, and I wanted to be "not exactly" like the WRC car, but I wanted to improve its performance, increasing its power and all that.

It's gonna be my first ever suzuki car, so dont know much about it.
planned to add turbo in it, if y'all can advise me on what turbo I should put on, the intercooler, and anything else in greater details, any assistance will be very much appreciated.

Honestly dont want to wreck it, or blow it up, so help me people !! :arrow:

Hi shox43, welcome to the forum. How much budget do have as this will have a big bearing on the extent of the modifications you can do to the car.

Wow Thx, this web is kewl, quick reply !!!

Well if you could give me the cheapest way around, that will do, since not much of them available here in Bali, and very hard for me to get them, prolly i must bought them over at jakarta or overseas. Since it's imported the cost would be expensive. You could give me Options !!

Thanks

I did write an article on adding a turbo as it is not something that is easy or straightforward to do. http://www.torquecars.com/tuning/adding-turbo.php so first of all have a read through that.

Your best bet will be to modify the engine. Get some fast road cams, an induction kit and sports exhaust. Then you can do more extreme engine work in preparation for the turbo, gas flowing the head, porting and polishing and fitting bigger valves etc...

You will probably find that a supercharger is a better option but you are still looking at around US$4000-US$6000 for the part and then probably another 40-60 hours work to get it fitted and the car set up correctly.

I have looked around and not been able to find a supplier that makes a forced induction kit for the SX4 (probably because it is such a new model.)

Thx Wayne, I'd read through all your writings, but still need further guidance, Im not really know much about engine and machinery, so I still had a lot to learn from you.

Please let me updated on induction kit for SX4.

If you could get details on what they do on the WRC SX4 car that would be awesome hehehe... at least I know what to do and its well proven and tested lol :D !!!

Reading your article I kinda understand on how-to pick up exhaust,
but fast-road cams? could u be more specific? any brand? fitting bigger valves?? :?

If it's finally will be TURBO-ed, what the best to go? Big Turbo? Small? Twin Turbo?

What's the best brand that proven for its performance ? blitz ? Greedy ? others ?

WRC teams closely guard the exact modifications they do. All you can really go on are WRC guidelines which state what can and can't be done. Bear in mind that a rally car often costs over £250,000 in modifications :shock:

Fast road cams change the intake and exhaust port opening times allowing for more power. There is an article on Cams in Tuning so it might be worth giving that a read. I will write an article on Valves soon and give an overview of what they do and how to improve them. (watch this space)

Turbo - when adding a turbo I would go for a small turbo with low boost otherwise the compression ratio will be too high and you'll destroy your engine. Big turbos give more power but they are laggy and will definately need MAJOR work to the rest of the engine.

I wish it was as easy as picking a brand of air filter - they all have benefits and drawbacks. Some makes work well on one car where another make works better on another. It's also down to personal opinion and taste one person will argue for one make and another will favour an alternative maker.