Suspension paints

old-git

Car
Elan & Robin Hood
I am about to clean up and repaint my suspension components prior to the final build (hopefully).

Frost do an 'Extreme Chassis Black':

Maximum durability epoxy formulation
Improved brake fluid, fuel, solvent chip and scratch resistance.

Anyone used this? Anyone suggest anything better?

I am about to clean up and repaint my suspension components prior to the final build (hopefully).

Frost do an 'Extreme Chassis Black':

Maximum durability epoxy formulation
Improved brake fluid, fuel, solvent chip and scratch resistance.

Anyone used this? Anyone suggest anything better?

never used the stuff personally! but do they offer a guarantee on durability???

Powder coated perhaps?

The trouble with powder coating stressed suspension parts is that the coating is elastic so can hide cracks.

I have powder coating equipment so will probably do the non-critical parts with it.

Ideally, I want a paint that resists stone chipping but is also brittle so will crack if stressed.

The trouble with powder coating stressed suspension parts is that the coating is elastic so can hide cracks.

I have powder coating equipment so will probably do the non-critical parts with it.

Ideally, I want a paint that resists stone chipping but is also brittle so will crack if stressed.

Just out of curiosity OG, are you anticipating problems around this area, then is this why you need to monitor for possible cracks?

Just out of curiosity OG, are you anticipating problems around this area, then is this why you need to monitor for possible cracks?

I wouldn't say he's anticipating problems but if the paint was too strong and the springs crack he wouldn't see the cracked spring under the paint.;)

Cheers TN, just wondered whether I should be having a little look under my wheel archs for anything out of the ordinary that's all ;)