Suspension Bushes - EJ2

Twamgl3

Road Burner
Car
Mitsubishi Carisma
I got my car back from the MoT garage.

He wasn't happy with my tyres but they went through as advice instead of a failure.

He also gave me advice on one of the suspension bushes perishing.

Is it hard to fit poly bushes for this application?

I don't really want the car on axle stands whilst I get someone to fit the bushes to various components!

Dunno.

Despite my enthusiasm for getting stuck in I don't have a decent jack at my current home so I hadn't got around to having a peak. It doesn't help that there the car is quite close to the ground as standard.

You really need to see what you are up against. If it is the large bushes then I'd let a garage do this, it's hard but even harder if you don't have the right tools. My rears need the whole rear axle to come out! Not something I'll be trying at home, partly because I don't have the space and partly because a garage will do it for me in a few hours.

I like the idea of replacing perished components with uprated ones, but the reality of the situation is that parts tend to wear out when you are least financially inclined! Stupid water bill.

Thats the truth! I'm not sure that Uprated (Polyurathene bushes) are the best idea for all suspension components.

I need to get my large rear bushes done and I'm going to go with Rubber. I'm not sure that poly ones will be good on such a main part of the suspension. There have been questions raised about thier flexibility under stress and this adversely affecting the handling.

Minor joins should be ok and will benefit by it but on my Torsion setup I really need the flexibilty of rubber.;)