supercharged focus

john turtle

hi !
i`m going to buy a ford racing supercharger for my 1999 focus
with a 2.0 zetec.
do i need to do anything else than to remap the ecu?
thanx

Hi john and welcome to TorqueCars. The supercharger should really come as a kit - check that all the bolts, belts and piping you need are included.

An induction kit would make a difference with a supercharger. I don't think you'll find an off the shelf remap though - it will need a custom map on a rolling road.

thanx waynne !
so a garage with a rolling road is were i got to take it.when it`s on the car.
why i`m asking this is because i don`t know a lot about it,i just want to make sure it will work on my car.asked a lot of people,lot of different answers.
if i buy it in usa ,they say i can`t use the SCT handheld ecu tuner sold with usa kit`s
what i propably can use is DREAMSCIENCE 2000 or 3000 sold with ford racing s-chargers kit in england.(they`re sold out)
but they need the pcm code,but all the stickers on my car is gone
do i need that handheld ecu tuner at all,if i take it to a rolling road.
so if you can tell me what to do THANX !
i live in norway so i got to solve this before i buy it.
to much ecu,pcm and eec for me.i don`t know the difference anymore.
thanx :amazed:
john turtle

HI John - the Dreamscience setup has had good reviews. Why not find a local garage who can supply and fit the whole lot for you - they will then assume responsibilty for finding the right parts and making them work.

Don't forget that you will probably have import tax on purchased from the USA but the doller is so weak it is probably still going to be a bargain. You should be able to determine the PCM code if you ask Ford and supply them with your engine/vin number. Most makers keep a database.

Good tip wifiuk. The off the shelf remaps are good but you can't beat a custom one setup for the car and its mods.

Your probably going to need to think about lowering the compression ration of the pistons aswell mate, depending on what sort of power you want from the charger of corse

also think about uprated clutch, maybe uprated gearbox to handle all that raw power, then live remap on a RR.

Have you thought about some better brakes for when you get that extra power? Do supercharged engines use an intercooler? If so your gonna need to find it a home somewhere. You may want to think about upgrading your suspension or maybe just adding some strut braces to cope with the extra grunt. :D

i guess it will need an intercooler, its just like a turbo , except from the crank instead of exhaust gas's. Can put in bottom of front bumper, like most do.

but 100% upgrade the brakes or your dead with all that power and no stopping power.

Your probably going to need to think about lowering the compression ration of the pistons aswell mate, depending on what sort of power you want from the charger of corse

Yes definately a good idea, Maybe 9:1 or even 8:1 for higher boost