supercharged 2004 MG TF 160

Alcan

Car
2004 MG TF 160
Hi everyone My name is Allan but I'm called Alcan I have rebuilt my mgtf160 engine, while I was waiting on parts from uk I decided to machine up a manifold and fit a supercharger which can be turned on and off.This system runs on 4 lb boost via a motorized shut off valve witch open and shuts when the supercharger is activated. I am a precision machinist and everything is working great , I need someone to help me in the fuel injection as I require more fuel to feed the engine. If there is any MG TF enthusiasts out there that can help it would be appreciated.Regards

Greetings and a Warm Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend! :)

I am unable to help you with your question directly, but hopefully somebody can point you in the right direction for the knowledge that you seek!

Good luck buddy! :)

Thanks for the mail, I'll keep checking to see if anyone has got some ideas. In the meantime I'll get some photos posted to show how things are set up.

It only 4 psi I would have thought the standard ecu would be able to compensate, I used to run 6psi on my fiat with no issues at all.

what injectors are you running?

standard ecu?

just because 1 ecu can cope doesn't mean they all do, positive boost pressure is massive compared to 0 positive.

going to need a remap for sure!

standalone is what id recommend, DTA, Omex, Canems, Adaptronic, Syvecs, AEM, MBE, Megajolt, Megasquirt, Emerald, Link off the top of my head lol

i run omex personally. not for my preference but for the guy who is mapping my car. :)

Start at the back, what does your fuel pump produce in litres per minute ? This is normally the first link in the chain when more fuel is required, not always but in general.
After market fuel pumps generally require direct battery voltage to get the benefits from them. This is because lots of manufacturers install a low level regulator which limits voltage to 9v and the after market pumps like a Walbro need 12v to operate properly.
Then there's a fuel pressure regulator, stock items don't like the newly acquired pressure and can become unstable.
Injectors, sizing & pressure. I have unfortunately lost the link I had for working out your requirements, I'm sure I even put it on here some time back, I'll have a look and see if I can find it. [I'll have a look when time permits]
Control, as Matt has suggested, a stand alone is without doubt a superb item but you can successfully get the control you need from a patch in item such as a MAP2 ECU,[a newer item may be available by now] these allow full fuel control and timing adjustment and the removal of the stock MAF.
You will need to put the car on a rolling road whatever you add but you can do a lot of the basic mapping from a laptop to get you up and running.
I'm sure there's stuff I've missed, my reply is rather brief as my time is short today.

Sorry I couldn't get back sooner as I hit a AUS great big furry rock [wombat] with my wifes 2011 mazda 6 sports going home from work. none the less! I have just purchased a walbro pump that produces 110 L/min @ 3bar, I also have injectors [0280156079] that run at 248cc @ 12ohm @ 3bar which I thought would not hurt the standard 160 engine. I will sit down and use your suggestion on the info that you gave and never know. there are no one as yet in AUS that can remap my ecu, as not many MG's here like UK. I really appreciate your time that you have given me at this stage as I haven't found anything with this info. Also I do have a 3bar map sensor I can put in to try?? as t he original one would only read neg press. does this sound like I'm on the right track.
Regards Alcan

The injectors I'm running are the standard type 0280156024 which produce 200cc @ 14.5 ohm I do have 0280156079 which I put in and the ecu would not let me play, shut the engine down at 4500 rpm so I put the standard ones back in and goes like a rocket until I switch the blower on. I do have a 3bar map sensor that I could put in because the Original one would only send a neg. pressure. I have not found anyone in Aus. to help or remap the ecu

Hi, I've been away for a few days and I'm away again early in the morning. When I get back, I'll take some time out to see if I can find ways to help you achieve your goal and see if I know anyone around your area who is more connected with tuning in Oz.

Seeing you live in OZ may I suggest you at first have the car dynoed to find out exactly what the fuel maps are,plus the injector duty cycle which should be no more than 80-85%.
As mentioned previously have the fuel pump flow tested to see if it is up to the job BUT also change all fuel filters including the in tank pick up filter/sock and any external pre pump filters usually between the tank and body if any as they are often forgotten.
Suggest you look at a Haltec P100 computer and moire importantly find out what EMS your tuner prefers to work with.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back