Subwoofers for 98 Toyota Hilux SR5

ScapeScottie

Where to put them... I have recently replaced the pissweak stock speakers which I believe read 10W on the back, with 6" pioneer 160W speakers. They are a vast Improvement, However as the volume increases the sound quality slightly decreases simply because they are the only two speakers in the car. I'm looking at a pair of JL audio 6" to go in the back doors, which leaves me with the dilemma of bass... I want a sub and an amp, but my car being a ute, I have no idea where to put them. A possibility could be a small sub under the passenger seat and an amp under the drivers seat, but I am really not sure. If anyone has a dual cab hilux and has done their sound system up, please, and pointers and tips are appreciated.

do you use the back seats at all i have seen pics where the back seats had been cut and 15" kicker square subs had been fitted into the actual seat. again room behind the seats may be a problem

is there much room in the doors in the back ??
if there is have you though about fitting 6x9 or 7x10 s in place of the 6"
at least they would give you a bit of bass and you could still wire them into the amp

A smaller sub with stronger magnets will produce BASS (I think I read that somewhere!). Bose are a good example and utilise strontium magnets to provide a big sound from a small speaker.

Alrighty well I'll see wat I can do with that in mind.. Unfortunately i use the back seats almost every day, as with the tray so its gotta go somewhere small where no one's gonna kick it...
Thanks for your help guys, If you have any more suggestions or tips, please let me know.
Thanks

Yeah mate It kicks hard now for small interior vehicle!

I have a Sony Head deck going to a:
350W 4ch Sony Amp (mounted under passenger seat)
powering front 2x 160W Pioneer 6" and back 2x 280W MTX 6"

250W 2ch Sony Amp (mounted under driver seat)
powering 12" pioneer slimline sub in a custom box I built myself out of 12mm ply, a few screws, a tube of Selley's No More Gaps and a couple sheets of Dynamat

Whole kit cost me under 2grand $Australian and I put it all in myself.
I am getting a consistent 106 - 110dB in the cab without stressing anything too hard so it all went down nicely!