Suburban Unleaded to Diesel Swap

Wcnwzrd

Track Warrior
Car
95 300zx TT (RIP)
Hey everyone, I'm back again. Sorry for the long break. Been going through a divorce and setting a lawsuit from my ex-inlaws, yippee right. Not sure if this is where this should go but since it concerns a Chevy figured this was the best stop. Feel free to move it as needed.

OK, so i have a 97 Chevy Suburban that currently holds a 5.7L V8, but was wondering what all it would take to put a 6.5L Diesel in instead. I have a specific reason for wanting Diesel. I know at a minimal level the tank and lines will have to be flushed and cleaned and part of the lines re-routed do to the difference in fuel introduction between Unleaded and Diesel. Thinking possibly the brain or maybe just a reflash there. And yes I do know it will be a massive workload but really have a need for a Diesel Suburban, also have a couple people who want me to do it to theirs as well if I can figure it out.

I would have just bought a Diesel one, but nobody has one for sale over here so hoping for the best. Picture of the rig below and yes it is 4X4 and have a 2 to 4 inch lift planned for it.

Attachments

• 3E23L43J85Ld5Gb5E1d2rf1c6662093241f56.jpg
    3E23L43J85Ld5Gb5E1d2rf1c6662093241f56.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 1
Obviously, the engine and transmission need to be changed out, but so does the gas tank and fuel lines, as well as the computer and wiring harness. Possibly the differential gear ratios front and rear as well. It's an expensive and time consuming job for sure.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back