subframe bush replacement

minx23

Tuner
Car
mondeo zetec s tdci
hiya again folks, just wondering.... ive just been told my subframe is a little loose and thats wots causing the knocking sound!!! now ive been told its a really hard job to be repaired as they say they have to take the whole subframe off the replace the bushes,(rear bushes),the garage said it would be easier to buy a new sub frame.... now are they taking the pish because im a woman or wot??? the sub frame bushes are only £15+VAT each, and a new suframe from ford is over £200, another garage said to me try and see if i can get hold of some Flo-flex Polyurethanend bushes, now ive looked but can only find them for mk3, any of you guys/gals have any ideas wot would be the best thing to do? much appreciated!!!!

Hi minx. Replacing the bushes is not that hard! Ok it can be fiddly but replacing the whole subframe seems mad!

Have you tried POWERFLEX. They have a wide range of poly bushes. These last longer than standard ones but give a slightly firmer ride. The subframe is a lump of metal so there is very little that can go wrong with it (unless it rusts of course!)

I hope this helps.:D

ye i thought it seemed a little extreme to replace the whole subframe, but thought id pop on ere first b4 i made any arrangements, coz i always get proper answers on ere, i will go look at powerflex now, thanx for the suggestion, now just need to find a garage that wont rob me to put em on, cheers!!!

Hey again minx

Emm only a couple bolts will probably be holding the subframe in.
Drop out, get old bushes out - this could be a bit harder, ive heard of folk burning them out, hammer new ones in and bolt back up.

Yip a think someone trying to con you