Subaru Impreza JDM

Hi guys.

Well thought I'd get a bit of thread together rather than me keep updating my Hello thread.

Well as some of you know, I have a lovely JDM Impreza which I bought a couple of months ago and the bug has got me already and things have started to happen already.

This is the spec when I bought the car...

Engine:

2.0 Flat Four
VF28 Turbo
Simota Panel Filter
NGK PFR6B Spark Plugs
Miratec Silicone leads
Castrol Edge Sport 10W 60 Oil
Varta Battery
Open mouth stainless decat downpipe (not fitted but included)
Racebox Full stainless exhaust system
Walbro 255L fuel pump
Uprated injectors
Remapped.

Gearbox:

Exedy Clutch
Graham Goode short shift
Valvoline Gear oil

Suspension:

STI Shocks
Tein S Tech Springs
Front Strut Brace

Wheels:

Rota SDR 17x7.5
Toyo T1-R tyres

Brakes:

Godspeed reconditioned 4pot calipers with stainless pistons
Godspeed Grooved Discs front and rear
Uprated pads front and rear
Braided hoses
Dot 5.1 Fluid

Interior:

Prosport Gauges, showing Oil Temp, Oil Pressure, Boost Gauge. Mounted in a triple pod replacing the top dash pocket.

Exterior:

Crystal;
Front headlights
Side lights
Front indicators
Side repeaters
Front Fogs

STI rear lights
Black mudflap kit
Tegiwa Black rear tow hook

And here is the beast...

scooby1.jpg

scooby3.jpg

scooby4.jpg

scooby2.jpg

scooby5.jpg

And since buying the car, there is already a wee bit of an update. Started modding already hehe. It's a desease I swear, modding cars. It can be so addictive if you know what to do to get resaults.

But when I bought the scooby it had an open mouth downpipe with sports cat sitting in the boot. The exhaust system is already straight through stainless system from downpipe back, but now this is fitted it doesn't half sound nice now.

This is the item thats fitted...

scoobydownpipe1.jpg

scoobydownpipe2.jpg

I'll get a vid and some more pics when on the next nice day down at Fistral.

This is where it starts to get good hehe. I took the scoobs down to Scooby Bits a couple of days after buying it as they are only 9 miles from me and wanted to know I bought a good car. So went a ride down to visit Jason who runs the place. While he was looking round the car, all I could see was his eyebrows raising every now and then, and turns out I have a few more thing under the hood that I didn't even realise were there lol.
I dont have a VF24 turbo, it's actually a VF29 so that put a smile on my face. Also the engine is not it's original either. It's got a UK 300 engine fitted with ECU and runs perfect on normal unleaded. Still notice the difference if I treat it to a bit of V-Power but until after christmas shes staying on normwal, so that was a huge bonus.

Also the interior is from a limited edition sport model which is very rare apparently. The colour is very rare on anything other than a RB5. Oh last but not least, the intercooler is alot bogger than it's original, reckons it's from a newage one with modded Y pipe to fit the classic engine.
So that visit was well worth it. Since then I have fitted a Baileys DV12 dump valve. And before anyone jumps on me about how crap baileys can be, I payed an extra £65 for a uprated spring kit to change the standard, common faulty spring for the uprated one. Also the piston inside is different to standard to help stop it seizing, and with the fluid I got with it, aslong as I keep on top of it, I shouldn't ever see any problems. All this was recommended by Jason at Scooby Bits. He agreed that Baileys are common to go wrong but its down to the standrad springs and the lack of lubrication by the owner.

So now, she roars something fearce when acclerating and sound sounds great when you change gear. The upside to it is, I can definatly feel the difference with the power. Not huge but definatly a difference. So now, just need to wait till March to get it live mapped and should be seeing over 350bhp+ easily hehe.

Cheers guys. Well the next mods will be the front splitter and the mini scoop for the drivers side vent and should be happening within the next 2 weeks, so watch this space.

likimg the car mate looks good. you still running the vf29??? .if so your gonna struggle for 360 the turbo will be flat out at that. i.d say get a td05 20g as u can rebuild them for very little money and there good for 400 plus. are they genuine wr1 wheels. ?? that have been shot blasted? ?? if your wanting 350 plus loose the top mount and either get a sti top mount good for around 400 max standard top mount in that be around 350 max. the rb 5 spoiler u were looking at is a veraion 6 sti. quite sort after. but seen that you got a mid level uk turbo one. what sort of power are you after? ?? and is the dump valve atmospheric or recirc? go for recirc allows the turbo to spool up quicker keeps it spinning better. loads you could do. but a real nice tidy car you have. i.d be happy with that. if going for coil over try bc real good value softer than tein aswell but you can wind em up. top motor though mate

likimg the car mate looks good. you still running the vf29??? .if so your gonna struggle for 360 the turbo will be flat out at that. i.d say get a td05 20g as u can rebuild them for very little money and there good for 400 plus. are they genuine wr1 wheels. ?? that have been shot blasted? ?? if your wanting 350 plus loose the top mount and either get a sti top mount good for around 400 max standard top mount in that be around 350 max. the rb 5 spoiler u were looking at is a veraion 6 sti. quite sort after. but seen that you got a mid level uk turbo one. what sort of power are you after? ?? and is the dump valve atmospheric or recirc? go for recirc allows the turbo to spool up quicker keeps it spinning better. loads you could do. but a real nice tidy car you have. i.d be happy with that. if going for coil over try bc real good value softer than tein aswell but you can wind em up. top motor though mate

No wonder I don't have a car with a turbo - didn't understand any of that :lol:

My eyes hurt... Ever heard of punctuation!? :lol:

Car is looking gorgeous though buddy! My older brother has given his Impreza to his best friend. It has the xact same spoiler and the same size tailpipe too.

sorry about that folks. im on my mobile as abroad with work at min. crappy old samsung thing. its not the best to be typing on.and ref turbo top mount mate. ideally if you are say wanting 400 bhp. you want to get a turbo that will hit say 440 or there abouts. as you dont want a turbo running flat out all the time
longevity etc etc etc. also lets be honest he will want more after 360 bhp. but then your gearbox will give up.standard 5 speeds o ly good for around 350 400; then they will go bang. you would be looking at over 2500 for a 6 speed. as you will need shafts. hubs. box etc etc. there good for over 600. ps hope my spelling was a bit better too.

sorry about that folks. im on my mobile as abroad with work at min. crappy old samsung thing. its not the best to be typing on.and ref turbo top mount mate. ideally if you are say wanting 400 bhp. you want to get a turbo that will hit say 440 or there abouts. as you dont want a turbo running flat out all the time
longevity etc etc etc. also lets be honest he will want more after 360 bhp. but then your gearbox will give up.standard 5 speeds o ly good for around 350 400; then they will go bang. you would be looking at over 2500 for a 6 speed. as you will need shafts. hubs. box etc etc. there good for over 600. ps hope my spelling was a bit better too.

Much, much better! :)