styling for Nissan primera

W

warriman

Hi guys,i just bought a nissan primera p11(96-2000model) and i'm looking for styling parts like chrome wing mirrors,chrome trims/strips,window tint,chrome door handles and other simple enhancements.Could someone help me out with some links or suggested styling.I'm for simply styling/tuning.

personally wouldnt go for too much chrome (if any at all) to thin of a line to cross to chav-like, and chrome wing mirrors i would say are a deffinate NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

word of advice, unless you have experience dont do tints yourself, get the done proffesionally or you risk the 'just stuck bin liner to windows' look and proffesionals will smooth tint into window to stop any catching and normally offer guarentee.

colour coded or smoothed will always look a thousand times better than any chrome you can just stick on.

what colour is the car (might help us suggest stuff better)

Tints will look superb on the rear screen and rear door windows. It will have factory tints all round so leave the front alone otherwise you'll be risking having unlawful windows.

85% attenuation at the rear door windows will give you a nice dimmed interior as well, thus improving foward vision due to better contrast ratios.

I had a P11 Primera - they're extremely nice cars to drive indeed with handing that can shame many true sports cars (I tried back to back car swapping with a friend who drove a Jag XK8 and he was staggered at how firmly the P11 dripped even at silly speeds in wet bends). THey DO need to have a full four wheel alignment to give of their best. You also need to use decent tyres. These cars wear tyres very evenly due to the superb suspension geometry so don't be afraid to spend Conti or Michelon money - they'll last long and serve you well.

Probably no need to lower it, but the suspension is quite stiff so if you do so it will still work superbly. Chrome is a no-no for my eyes. A subtle spoiler bottom of tailgate will make no difference at all to the drive but gives a nice finish to the rear, which is a bit 'slotty' to look at. It's also a good reference point for parking the thing - rear vision is not the best.

THe P11 (96-2000) is a very underrated car, finding favour with pensioners and taxi-drivers. They drive very differently indeed as mentioned earlier.

My only minor gripes were that the engines (2.0 SR20DE especially could be a bit vocal, but still smooth and indestructible) and that the braking bite was a bit lacking initially. This was a feel thing for me as the cars do stop brilliantly, aided again, but a superb chassis that keeps all the wheels four square on the tarmac regardless of whatever feat you're asking of the car.

Go enjoy!!

theres a primera gt round the corner from me and its very nice, id keep it pretty standard, and concentrate on getting more powah!

The GTs are quite lively in stock tune. Like many Japanese petrol fours they're a bit torque shy and need to be revved firmly to give of their best.

Revs will not hurt these engines. Just keep up to date with oil and filter changes, fuel filters should be replaced as well - at three quid a go there's no reason not to do so.

Differentially - they're hard to tune. The SR20DE is worth 158PS (about 153 bhp) in stock tune. TO get 10 bhp more will mean a big spend. And it'll all be at the top end, whereas the engine could really use an improvement in mid range torque if my experience of driving one for eight years has any value.

It's probably far cheaper just to boot it hard and let the revs rise and rise. They come on song after about 4500rpm and keep going to well over 7000rpm - red at 7300 so change up just before that if you're in a hurry.

i thought the jap engines where alot easier to tune, or is this mainly your high performance cars like evos, scoobs and skylines?

That's exactly it really. If it were the TE variant with a tubocharger then the sky's the limit.

Without a turbo there's not a lot that can be done.