Stupidly dangerous overtaking

Shocking! The guy who taught me to drive said to assume everyone on the roads was an idiot with a death wish and it turns out he was right.

From an insurance perspective both drivers would have been held liable in the event of a collision.
Driver on the main road is dangerously overtaking at a junction and the other driver is joining main flow of traffic, therefore has a duty of care to ensure it is clear. Could have been an emergency vehicle there rather than just a twat.
There's lots of UK case law to support splits from anything from 80/20 to 50/50. Depends how good your file handler is :) (this is unfortunately very true; it honestly does not matter how good you think your insurer is if the person handling your case is not competent at their job and not strong willed enough to stand up for you if need be, then you might get screwed.)

Lunchy That was an excellent comment from someone in the business |B

It appears that the driver entering from a side street only looked right and do the painted lines on the side street require him to stop OR give way to ALL traffic?

I only asked as the dual lines are different to here where we have a solid line for stop and a thick broken line for give way.

We don't actually have to stop on a stop sign, slow rolling is generally ignored, whereas in other countries it is an endorsable offence.

STOP actually means exactly that here BUT sadly so many roll thru @ various speeds many with children inside who will then attempt to "teach" them the rules and drive when they are older .V(

Obi if it actually in the rules that one doesn't have to stop why even bother installing them at all or install "give way" signs instead ??