Stupid shop assistants

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What is the stupidest remark you have ever heard a shop assistant in an automotive parts suppliers say?

I heard one telling someone that the 0w10 fully sythetic is the best oil for a 20 year old diesel car! :confused:

They also actually beleive the claims made on the boxes and tend to read these to you if you ask about a product.

Have you ever had the benefit of a knowledgable shop assistant?

Halfrauds is a fun place to taunt as well. I had a 20 minute discussion with a store manager who insisted that the particle filter in my car is in fact a pollen filter.

Halfrauds is a fun place to taunt as well. I had a 20 minute discussion with a store manager who insisted that the particle filter in my car is in fact a pollen filter.
and he'll tell you next that the pipe he's smoking his pollen from is an exhaust of his old cortina, f u c king idiot

ha ha, i like the haulfrauds thing, its catchy and no dout, true

I find auto spares are a good wind up. My car just confuses them because there are so many variations to my car. An the p11 was revised 3 times so getting parts for my car can sometimes be funny but also annoying cause they are ment to know what there on about but when it comes to my car they haven't a clue......:lol:

Someone told me in Hellfrauds that the 5 stud wheels on show would fit my 4 stud astra???? (I never buy anything from there, and wasn't intending on buying them.)
PC world have the most pc ignorant staff there ever!

I was once also told that my P11 was due for a cambelt replacement. As TN69 will attest, these SR20De and SR20DE engines have a duplex chain which drives both camshafts - There is no belt!!

Someone told me in Hellfrauds that the 5 stud wheels on show would fit my 4 stud astra???? (I never buy anything from there, and wasn't intending on buying them.)
PC world have the most pc ignorant staff there ever!
You would have to use a fitting kit. Soo theoretically they are right.

Halfords assisstant tell me and the wire it was MY fault for buying the wrong oil filter. yet the number on the box matched what they had in there book.
Only reason theyre still open is for the stick on stuff for the young ones

I agree though. The shop assistants in Halfords know jack #!#!#!#!...I went into halfords and asked one of them if buying these alloys would fit straight on or would I have to get my speedo reset, He didn't have a clue what I was on about.

dont get me started, I went into halfrauds for a look for oil for my bike(as theirs is quite cheap at a 5er a bottle) got that, then asked if they did any bike to bike communications (i.e. VOX radio) and they were like "errr no, but I will look in the book if there is anywere round here" so he looked through the book, but, basically opened it, turned the page, then next page and then next page, each page about a second between and there was a whole page or writing, he didnt even read any of it cos I was looking at his eyes (ok can be taken as a bit strange but after the first couple of pages i looked and he was just staring at the desk while flicking through)

PC world are great :confused: once went down there to ask about low latency ram I was after and the fake nerd didnt even know what cas latency was or what it was to do with :/

There's a stunning little motor shop in Stony Stratford (MK) simply called 'Car Spares'. They have access to all the latest dealer information and bulletins (I have no idea how) and the products stocked are at truly competitive prices.

Dial in the fact that they're knowledgable and friendly you simply have to use it.

There's a stunning little motor shop in Stony Stratford (MK) simply called 'Car Spares'. They have access to all the latest dealer information and bulletins (I have no idea how) and the products stocked are at truly competitive prices.

Dial in the fact that they're knowledgable and friendly you simply have to use it.

You hit the nail on the head there, HD. I have found, in my far too many years playing with cars, that the independent, often one man band, shops are far better than the multichains. Also, once you get to know the proprietor#!#! [FONT=&quot][/FONT] #![FONT=&quot][/FONT] they will often give you a discount :)

Not all shop assistants are morons!!! Quite often it is the customers! Grrr :lol:

In regards to Halfords, you shouldn't really expect a place with an isle dedicated to stickers to be much use!