Stumped

Dealwitit01

Car
2000 Wrangler Sport
Need some input i have a 2000 wrangler 4.0 just put a 4.7 L6 stroker in I'm having an issue with multiple cylinder misfires periodically sometimes its just one cylinder that's misfiring #4 I've tried almost everything that i could think of would appreciate the input if anybody knows anything about it. The only thing i can think to do is remapping the ECM because it's thinking i I'm running a 4.0 when infact it's a 4.7 so air,fuel mixing and sensors aren't acting right because the ECM thinks it's a 4.0, i think... Thank you

Last edited:
If as you say you have narrowed it down to cyl #4 change the leads over with the other cyl that shares the coil to see if the same cyl is still missing.
This is to see if the lead is faulty.
You can swap the coils to service a different pair of cyls to see if #4 still has the miss OR if the miss has followed the coil to a different cyl.
This will detect if the coil is the culprit.
Have you had the injectors cleaned and flow tested ??

If as you say you have narrowed it down to cyl #4 change the leads over with the other cyl that shares the coil to see if the same cyl is still missing.
This is to see if the lead is faulty.
You can swap the coils to service a different pair of cyls to see if #4 still has the miss OR if the miss has followed the coil to a different cyl.
This will detect if the coil is the culprit.
Have you had the injectors cleaned and flow tested ??

I have a coil rack which has 3 coils and plug boots that are built into it two plugs to a coil just bought a spark tester to see what kinda fire I'm getting to each cylinder. Thanks for the reply

Still haven't found it yet it jumps from cylinder to cylinder it was cylinder #4 now it's cylinder #3 and then again it will show multiple misfires but doesn't specifies which ones, only one other thing i can think of that may be causing it is the plug and wires that plugs into to the coil pac I've did a test on it as a matter of fact it's one of the first things i looked at maybe i over looked something with that, will post again with an update of where I'm at with it was up half the night with stuff running through my mind going back over things oh well we will see, thanks again everyone

Can you get another ECU to try?
Intermittent faults can be a real PITA to track down.

By the way I love listening to Alabama songs:)

PS just remembered I had problems with an intermittent misfire some time ago and it turned out to be a faulty harness wire to a coil.

Last edited:
Can you get another ECU to try?
Intermittent faults can be a real PITA to track down.

By the way I love listening to Alabama songs:)

PS just remembered I had problems with an intermittent misfire some time ago and it turned out to be a faulty harness wire to a coil.
TC thanks it turned out to be just that a bad wire in the loom/harness which ever now that everything's running right now to get that remapping of the ECM to accommodate that 4.7 L6

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back