Strutbracing

Helped or hindered

• Total voters

FFCBadger

Wrench Pro
With modern cars being as highly tuned as they are Im not sure whether a strutbrace will improve the handling of my car. Is it worth the hassle? Any car les than ten years old of a reasonable spec will have had it's suspension extensively fine tuned and I wonder whether adding all the extra bits and pieces will just put off potential buyers when i come to sell it. As they will probably think I am some Kev who has been ragging his car...! OK, I have been ragging my car but I dont want them to think that do I?!
I have an Alfa 156 2001 2.0 twinspark and the road handling is great with stock suspension and stock wheels. I'll be upgrading to 17" or 18" wheels which will improve road holding more, so is the strutbrace necessary?

What do you have and have you added strutbracing. If so has it helped or hindered?

p647078.gif

I put yes.. Even though I've never tested one, it's a popular mod, and quite a cheap one if you've spent alot on your engine/chassis. Probably quite easy to remove if you are planning on selling the car?

On soft tops it make a massive difference. Even hard tops flex - if you drive diagnolly over a speed bump you will hear the body flex and groan so any stiffening will help. If also helps with road shocks - the load is more evenly distributed across the car.

It also gives you somewhere to lean against that won't burn your palms off when you are examining the engine or trying to find the dipstick!!! :lol:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back