stripping an MV6

Gary mv6

Hello there, I'm new to the site.

I have just bought an MV6 Omega for a few track dys, I am intending to strip out as much as poss (all interior, sound proof and the un needed wires from the loom), I know the standard kerb weight is about 1675kg. I would love to get it below a tonne but realisicaly intend to get it down to about 1275kg. Any further suggestions to loose more weight.

Secondly: Is there any really cheap, simple (I mean really simple) modifications that could be done to give a few extra pony's.

Thirdly: can you get fibreglass pannels for the omega as again weight saving?

Finally: How do you work out the new theoretical power to weight ratio once the car has been lightened.

Many thanks

Gary

You just divide the power into weight and multply by 1000kgs to get the bhp to ton.

Removing the impact bars in the doors, cutting away the inner arches. Pull out the dash as well whilst you are at it.

Not seen fibreglass panels but there is no reason why you shouln't be able to get some.

Wheels and tyres are quite heavy on those so some nice OZ rally wheels and lighter tyres would save a fair bit.

Old-Git is the guy to talk to about weight reduction - he made his kids cut their hair shorter so the car would be faster on their family holiday :D

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back