Strange things in the road

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What is the strangest thing you've ever spotted in the road?

I think we've all seen a shoe or item of clothes but the other day I saw a divers flipper!

Maybe he couldn't drive properly with it on and had to take it off! :lol:

I see alot of things on my daily commute, this morning in the fast lane of the A3 there was a deer, was dead mind. I've come across a single chair from a three piece suite in the middle of the road.

I've seen a dead badger in the road on the A30 in Hampshire once! Was quite surprised at the size of it! It had definitely not missed a home cooked meal :blink:

I see plenty of badgers, deer, foxes and other small animals on my commute as it goes through countryside and forestry areas. The deer can make a right mess if collected full on! Not too long ago there was a Clio parked up one morning, front end, windscreen and roof all stoved in with a large doe on the roadside.

I think it had been there for a few hours, so not the best time to pick it up. They need to be bled dry as soon as possible. I think by law roadkill can be picked up by any following car but not by the one causing the accident or death.

I saw a hitch-hiking clown a couple of years back. Wandering the motorway and trying to get people to pick him/her up. But hey! Who inte their right mind picks up a clown? Late at night? In between the middle of nowhere and someplace???:blink:

:lol: @ Fnorpan! Sounds pretty dodgy to me. I have an idea for a new thread now!

Indeed it was, atleast the poor sod stayed out of the way and didn't wander in the middle of traffic.
He/she was to add, a bit wobbly on the feet to... If it where due to alcohol or drugs ro just being dead tired I haven no idea but I DID NOT stay to find out :confused:

OOo I'm a muse now :amuse: *YAY*

Ive seen a dead kangaroo!

But the strangest thing I've ever seen where all these cats lined up in formation along the centre of the road...

Couldn't tell you, I only could only see their eyes.
:lol::lol::lol:
this has reminded me i did see a convoy of rats crossing the road once. it was a strange/worrying sight cause dont rats normally flee when something bad is happening/going to happen??

The world seem to be filled fith oddities indeed :p
Rats crossing, cats dead or alive... scary clowns. Geesh what's next :O

I once saw a squirrel nearly knock itself out on a concrete divider on the M62 or M18 I can't remember which. Was soooooooo funny I nearly rear ended someone I was laughing that much.:lol::lol:

I once saw a squirrel nearly knock itself out on a concrete divider on the M62 or M18 I can't remember which. Was soooooooo funny I nearly rear ended someone I was laughing that much.:lol::lol:

Tut Tut TN, I bet you get your kicks from nicking lollipops from little babies in their pushchairs as well don't you! :lol::lol:

yeah i think it was!,i saw him at about 11.15,the mrs came home nearly an hour later and said guess what i saw?she saw him,so the poor chap had been there a while!.