Strange Problem Please Urgent Help

G

g16Hybrid

Hi all I need an urgent help for the problem i have been facing from last 1 year and nobody will able to solve it.

My Current Project

Engine Managenemt

1.6+1.3 Suzuki running on G16 ECU

Fueling Details
Fueling Controlled by Apexi AFC Neo
Injectors Size 510 CC
After Market FPR Installed
Walbro Fuel Pump 270 LPH Part No GSS-294
Modified Fuel Rail

Fuel Map:

1000 2000 3000 4000 5000 6000 7000
High -50 -40 -20 -15 -10 0 0
Low -50 -50 -50 -20 -15 -15 -15

Sensor Select

High Low Throttle

Low 30% High 50%

Turbo Setup
Nissan ZX 16 Valve Turbo
@ 18 Psi
FMIC
5 Check Valve before MAP

Engine Component

ACT 4 Puck XTR Clutch Set
Stock Internals.

Problem

At 14 psi the car was running awesome having a 11-12.5 AFR and whenever we tried to go beyond let select 18 psi the first and Second Gear on the above mentioned Apexi Neo MAP running awesome with slightly rich side like 10.5 AFR but when we shift the third gear i do not know what happened the car goes down lean like 17 AFR i do not why but its look like the fuel is gone. We try to check it on atmospheric pressure but the problem exists please help me something try to stop ECU to fueling beyond 14 psi but we are not able to point out it.:confused:

Your response shall be highly appreciated

Regards

new guy here, i'm about revisit the basics, a fuel pressure gauge taped to the windshield, observe it while you drive. the "what iff's" include but are not limited to...restrictive fuel filter, fuel line size, voltage to fuel pump, pressure regulator flawed, , , ,

what does it do @10 psi, 12, 14, et cetra, can you test @2psi increments and see where the pattern breaks down?

wait wait the brain is wondering if the volume of air is proportional to the psi increase? seems i heard somewhere if you graphed them they aren't parallel. . .

well there are a couple of random firings from my brain, best of luck friend
msj

this is not an unknown prblem with turbo engines especially if running a larger turbo.

you need proportionally much more fuel in higher gears.
Assuming your set up allows you to alter the fuel mix in each gear CORRECTLY then the problem is surely volume of fuel

you can meter a system for a specific ratio but if the pump/injectors/rail physically cant produce the fuel the mixture will be weak in higher gears

this can be also caused by not enough current getting to the fuel pump. Possibly you need a seprate fuel pump circuit with its own earth and direct connction to the battery though a switched fuse of course.
I did this on my stagea when the engine was tuned as was told by many this would be an issue.
It will need to through a simple relay but the wiring is simple.

Last edited: