Straight Pipe Muffler

Titas

Tuner
Car
2000 Toyota Corolla
Hey to all, i'm thinking about swapping my stock muffler for a staright pipe exhaust. My friend swapped his muffler for a pipe in his old Chevy Blazer. I was wondering how i could keep all the stock pipes but swap the muffler for a pipe. I need to know how to make a "muffler" out of a pipe. This is an odd question, but i would like to get any advice i could get. Thanks.:D

Do you mean cut out the silencer at the back? The simple way would be to cut it out and weld a new bit of pipe in to bridge the gap between the exhaust and tail pipes. I'd imagine it will become quite loud though.

i want to replace the entire stock muffler with a ordinary metal pipe. I'm looking to get a loud sound and a power boost. I don't know if it's street legal to have a pipe exhaust, but i'm willing to risk it.

As above then mate. No idea what your rules as I'm UK based. But the simplest way would be to cut it out, and weld a new bit of pipe in.

Alternatively a custom exhaust place could make a completely new exhaust for you to your spec. Costs vary over here depending on who does it (£300-1000).

thanks for the info, my friend's dad owns a garage and he made the exhaust for the Blazer himself. I'll talk to him to see what he can do for me.

yep just cut out the box and replace it with a straight piece of pipe. the best way that covers all angles is to weld on a series of flanges, the reason being that you can bolt in the straight pipe and have the option of bolting back in the muffler if problems arise. a few more hours work that saves alot of money in fines and future work to be done. 304 stainless is acceptable. problems may arise with sizes but they can be overcome. good luck, the note will be unbelievable.

quick tip, if you want a low down barble, make the tip large oval and long, ie 10 inches long.

thanks for the info, my friend's dad owns a garage and he made the exhaust for the Blazer himself. I'll talk to him to see what he can do for me.
PROBABLY YOU WILL BE CHECKED BY TRAFIC POLICE DUE TO AN EXCESSIVE NOISE.....BULD A COMPLETE PIPE SYSTEM WITH A NEW CAT TO BE OK