stock audi a4 - U TUNE IT

psuni

Car
2002 Audi A4 1.9TDI
sup guys, i live in northern ireland and i have a 2002 Audi A4 1.9TDI, im not that up to speed on optimum performance tuning, or on car tuning at all for that matter, but i have come into a nice sum of money and am looking to modify the heck out of this thing, it is currently stock. i know this question might sound stupid but i have always been in love with the sound of a blown/supercharged cobras whine - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtSsNNSncL8&feature=related can my audi ever sound like this? that would be crazy, any feedback would be most appreciated, yes im a noob and you will have to explain in detail ;p, think of money as no object in tuning when writing your reply (nothing above £2000/$4000 USD per part though ;p im not that rich, im looking for turbo/supercharger upgrades/air induction/exhaust/tuning box/cluth/gear opinions to make my car like no other audi a4 on my roads (most are stock anyway :p) would be nice to blast past one of those body modified sporty cars with loud exhausts, anyway cheers in advance brothers. peace

Mate it's always going to sound like a diesel, so altho you can tune it for good performance if you want it to sound like a petrol you need to buy a petrol.

cant disagree with that
the PD engine does sound like a tractor even when your getting into the high 200hps

high flow intake
polished maniflold
custom high lift cam
new injectors
hybrid / big turbo - may cost more than 2k
large front mount intercooler
2.75 - 3" exhaust
nirtous
shorter ration gearbox - wonder how well a petrol box would work

that a good enough start for you.

or buy a petrol ad whack in the R36 petrol engine and a nice supercharger

Definately go petrol if you have an endless budget. Better to sell the car and buy a petrol one though. 3.2 Quattro then turbo the bugger imo. Full whack, standalone, external wastegate and screamer, 3" exhaust throughout (as much as space allows with regards to elbow and downpipe), forged internals, fully lightened and balanced bottom end, gas flowed head, paddle-clutch, shot-peened gears, anything I've missed is taken as a given in such a setup...there's about £8k's (parts alone mostly) worth of food for thought for you. Excluding whatever the new car costs when you get rid of the oil-burner.

Get some weight lost off the thing and you'll be blasting past almost anything.

thanks man im writing this stuff down, i can spend way over 8kgbp, i have a petrol car(1996 DC2 integra) but i use my audi day to day, and would like some crazy performance when i choose to unleash it but still be able to drive it normally without sucking up all the juice, thanks for you guyses input this is rly helping, im phoning around to see if i can find a tuner close to me that would work on the car with me

if its your daily driver i wouldnt go too mad with it as youll hamper reliability.
ohh course once you start playing aound with alot youll need someone who can map the ECU for the best performance

A remap, intercooler upgrade and bigger turbo will be all you need to do for sensible power gains. It still won't sound like a blown cobra though.

can u guys link me a vid as to what my finished car might sound like? going through gears etc