stilo fuses blowing

bolder

Wrench Pro
Car
astra 2.2 bertone
my mates stilo keeps blowing fuses 1 on the way to work and 1 again on the way home lol, it amuses me but feel sorry for im lol. the fuse that blows seems to control half the electrics, dumb ass fiat, things that go are, cd player, heating (climate control ac ) automatic wipers and lights, actuly while im writing this, ignition live problems are coming to mind. help please ?

well...you could tell him to put a fuse more powerfull than the old one...carefull...too big...and could be on fire...ask a mechanic...
Mine was making the same thing with the fuse for the lighter/recharger thing...
changed it with one of 0.5 v more powerful...and from then on...no problems at all.........:)

Last edited:
Sounds like a loose connection. I heard of this on a car where the loom which ran under the mat got worn and would short out whenever the conditions were right (or wrong!).

You really need to examine all the wires and see if there are any worn, check the areas around bulk heads really carefully.

Get a wiring diagram or workshop manual for the car and isolate the most likely areas for wear and ivestigate these first.

Chatting with a Fiat mechanic will probably save hours of time as it might be one of those things that crops up frequently.

Radio wiring is also quite a popular cause for this sort of thing, take it out and examine the connectors/wires.