Still on the subject of Twin-charging

Blackbird

Car
Chev Lumina SS 6.0L
I've been thinking seriously about this idea of twin-charging my Chev Lumina SS 6.OL. I know this could be overkill, as, people like 'Maguson offer Supercharger kits, that deliver great power gains with proven reliability.

But - there are always people like me who wish to push the envelope a little. I remember an Englishman, Robert Jankel who powered a 1989 Corvette LS1 with twin turbo's and a supercharger.

The top speed (a two-way average) was recorded at 357km ie. 223.125miles! Impressive indeed, by '90's standards. The power delivery was said to be very linear. Either way, I would have loved to see that kind of power-delivery on a graph.

For me topspeed like that, is purely academic - good just for bragging rights. But - imagine the acceleration to, say - 240km with that set-up....the very thought gives me a quickening of the pulse...

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have a turbo or supercharger then twincharging is much easier. When you add a twincharge system to a NASP engine you will be producing loads of extra boost and will need to do a lot of work to get this to work. The compression ratio will need to be decreased, fuelling and timing will also need loads of adjustment and tweaking. Intake and exhaust are also likely going to become bottlenecks so will also need upgrading.

I wish you all the best with this, and keep us posted with your project as you go each step of the way.

I've been thinking seriously about this idea of twin-charging my Chev Lumina SS 6.OL. I know this could be overkill, as, people like 'Maguson offer Supercharger kits, that deliver great power gains with proven reliability.

But - there are always people like me who wish to push the envelope a little. I remember an Englishman, Robert Jankel who powered a 1989 Corvette LS1 with twin turbo's and a supercharger.

The top speed (a two-way average) was recorded at 357km ie. 223.125miles! Impressive indeed, by '90's standards. The power delivery was said to be very linear. Either way, I would have loved to see that kind of power-delivery on a graph.

For me topspeed like that, is purely academic - good just for bragging rights. But - imagine the acceleration to, say - 240km with that set-up....the very thought gives me a quickening of the pulse...

If you have the cash it takes? Then by all means go for it! |B But remember, "everything" needs to be properly beefed up to handle the 1400 to 2000 hp plus it will generate! :D