Still looking for a car

Hansi

Track Warrior
Car
Getz GLS 1.6
So I'm still looking for my first car and have lately been thinking about this 1993 Opel Senitor. Comes with a 2.6 liter 270 hp engine and rwd. So I was thinking that if I buy it about throwing in a turbo, sports exhaust and an air induction cit, computer chip and even an in car computer that I could modify the setup of the power and thrust everything is giving. So I was wondering, has anyone ever worked with those cars and is it practicle to buy one of those?

My friend knows the seller and he sais it has been well taken care of and newly painted.

Can you get the lotus carlton senator out there - that is a real monster. The 2.6 litre engine is a good base to work from. Not sure if it will appreciate a turbo though as they are quite high compression from what I can remember.

The early 90's Lotus Carlton was a 3.6 litre. And it flew, by all accounts. Never driven one - there's a surprise, but the are alleged to go very verl well indeed.

It was made to compete with the Sierra Cosworth - it's interesting though that they went with a NASP engine and got similar performance without the lag!

This is allmost a one of a kind here in Iceland...I think there are under 8 of those cars here.

Well I have'nt actually done much research on the engine but thanks for the info.

But what is there that I could do to get the torque higher up? I am planing on joining Akureyri Car Club or the quarter mile club of Iceland

The cossie was only a two litre Pinto unit with a Cosworth twin cam 16v head.

I seem to remember that the Lotus Carlton was turbocharged,but I'd have to check. Never drove one, the best I managed was the GSi 3000 which was not really all that special at all.

Yes indeed. Upon looking around the Lotus Carlton had a twin turbo setup. So I admit it - I was VERY WRONG! :oops: