sticker bombing

herb

modherbrator
Car
Seat Leon Cupra
ok being 33 im way behind on car styling:amuse:
but im seeing alot of this sticker bombing over tha last few months. is this going to catch on and become popular?? is this style/trend the new lexus/audi running light???
if so how long before someone does there whole car and gets done by the police???

Herb, do you mean the stickers the youth's put on their cars displaying well known manufacturers such as, Alpine, Pioneer, Turbo and alike or something else?

T9,
Not that mate, sticker bombing or sticker art I think was first adopted by the VAG scene, it involves filling large portions of glass, body work anything with a flat surface with stickers. There's a 106 near me that has a matt black bonnet & about half of it is stickers.

Herb,
Yeah it's been around for a while but it can look spanky when done right. :D

I've seen a skyline done with this but they did it quite well. They designed certain areas of shapes, then filled inside the shape with the so called sticker bombing. But the shapes they cut out first, flowed well with the body work, and filled with the colourfull stickers, didn't actually look too bad :)

From my initial reading of sticker bombing it was the jap drifters that started it. Basically they did it to hide any damage done whilst drifting;)

wouldn't it be worth just buying a tin of paint rather than buying hundreds of stickers that might not even work together, and how is it finished, can you lay lacquer over the top of them?

After looking at several photos on the internet, i'm at a lost to see what the fuss is all about! :embarrest: Sorry! maybe it's my age!