Steering light on

Grandypops2019

Car
Vectra c 3.2 v6 gsi
Hey guy's, can anyone help me try solving this issue I have with my steering angle sensor being on all the time. I've recently changed my power steering pump as old one stopped working,, so I got hold of a second hand one, now before I changed the pump there was no lights on whatsoever, today I noticed my fluid was below the minimum mark, so I topped up with with fluid, my angle sensor went off so I thought it was just low on fluid, then after 2 mins it came on again, now the angle sensor on the vectra comes up as the steering squim on the wheel, but my steering wheel hasn't been off, just the pump that's been changed, do theses need to be recalibrated some how, any help greatly appreciated

It could have been an airlock or bubble in the system. Check all wires, a bad earth or dodgy connection is all that's needed to fire up a fault light.

Is it the same model steering pump? It's not unknown for 2 versions to have slightly different sensors, putting a mk1 on a mk2 can create fault lights etc.

Mmmm that's got me thinking now tbh it looked exactly the same, with same plug and wiring only difference I noticed was a 3 pin plug and a 5 pin plug are totally different mine is the 5 pin one, it could have air lock as steering goe's stiff then goe's to normal