Steering feedback

Piddy1

Car
Leon Cupra R 225
Hi everybody , I've got a Cupra R all lovely and tuned.:D I was wondering whether anybody else who drove a Cupra R or any Leon for that matter got any feedback through the steering. Its not the anti-roll bar. It feels as though there is a bit of play. Its not a big issue its just a bit annoying because you can feel the bumps more than usual through the steering wheel. I wasn't sure if the couplings at the end of the steering column are prone to wear and therefore result in feedback. Cheers for your help with this random matter.

Thats a strange one Piddy. Not experienced it myself. Have there been any suspension mods or wheel mods carried out?

Theres alot of issues with golfs getting more play. iirc its mally the track rods ends that wear. Sometimes the whole rack has to be changed. I was following a thread on the VWaudi for a while where the guy could turn the wheel 90 degrees before the wheels started to turn. In the end he needed a new rack.

Might be worthwhile, if its compatible with the cupras, to fit the Audi steering rack from the 225 TT.

Thanks for your feedback. I haven't made any suspension or wheel mods, its a bit weird really. The play is I suppose is about 1cm either side of 90deg if that, its just I can feel it whilst driving.

Ah yes, thats a good idea. I shall bare that in mind, thanks very much. I shall keep people posted about possible cause and solution. Cheers.

aha i have the same problem with my cupra but i also have a knocking on the left side when i move off and brake been told its the top mounts, bloke at seat said its common and they are crap mounts, dont know how tru that is tho?? also try the ball joints?? im changing both lower ball joints and the top mounts but i have a 50mm drop on shocks and springs

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back